Apex legend won’t launch is one of the common issues with Apex legend that users face. But, it can be fixed. With the solutions mentioned below, you will be able to overcome the issue and can run the Apex legend on your systems without trouble.
Many of you might not be aware of what is Apex legend? Apex legend is the newest addition to the battle royale genre family. Apex legend was released in early 2019. The game has the largest user fan base of over 50 million. But, recently the users have started to facing Apex legend won’t launch issue. But, here is how to fix the issue with different solutions.
You can run these simple solutions on your systems to run the Apex legend smoothly.
Try to repair your game
If your game has some corrupted files then you need to repair those files. These corrupted files, sometimes, are the reason behind why Apex legend won’t launch. To fix that, follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- You need to open your Origin Client and then go to My Game Library.
- Over there, go to the Apex Legend. Now, right-click on it and select the repair option.
- Then, you just need to follow the on-screen instructions displayed in front of you. Finally, restart your system.
- Now, launch Apex legends and see if it launches this time.
Repair your game with cheat code
Easy Anti Cheat service is just one of the alternatives or solutions for making your Apex legend launch smoothly. To adept, this solution, follow the steps by steps guide mentioned below.
- Go to C drive and click on program files (x86).
- In the Program Files (x86) folder you will find another file named Origin Games. Click on it and then choose Apex. Inside the Apex folder, there will be an Easy Anti Cheat folder. Open Easy Anti Cheat setup.
- Now, click on the repair service.
- After the repair service process is finished, click on the finish button and relaunch the Apex legends and see if the solution worked.
Run your Games as Administrator
- Right-click on the Apex legend icon and click on the properties option.
- Inside the properties option, go to the compatibility option. At the bottom left corner, you will find the run this program as an administrator option. Click on it and select the apply button.
- Either you can run the game as an administrator by following step 2 or you can simply right click on the apex legend icon and select the Run as an administrator option.
Update your Graphics card
Outdated graphic cards can also be a reason why your Apex legend won’t launch. Try updating graphic card drivers. To do so, follow some of the easy steps mentioned below.
- Go to the device manager.
- Right-click on the display adapters option and click on the updated driver software option.
- Then, select the search automatically for updated driver software option and let the updating process to finish.
Check your Anti-Virus software and disable it
Anti-virus, sometimes, blocks some programs from being executed. Anti-virus can sometimes prevent software or application or program from being implemented. You can try and disable your Anti-virus program and check if your Apex Legend launches.
You can confirm whether the problem is being caused by your Anti-virus. Firstly, you need to check whether disabling the Anti-virus lets your game work fine. If yes, then try to enable the protection and see whether the game launched smoothly or fails to start. If the problem persists by enabling the Anti-virus, then the problem is with your Anti-virus.
Allow connections through Windows firewall
Just like Anti-virus, Firewall settings may also block the game from launching, in such cases, you need to disable your firewall. Now, you might think that disabling the whole firewall is a bad idea. Well, you can also disable only Apex legends. To do so, just follow the step by step guide mentioned below for easily disabling the firewall for Apex legends.
- Go to the control panel. Find and open the Windows firewall or sometimes also known as the Windows Defender firewall.
- In the firewall windows, you will find “Allow an app or feature through windows defender firewall” option on the left-hand side. Click on it.
- You can edit the settings there by clicking on the change settings button. Under the allowed app and features list, select the Apex legend.
- Before selecting the Apex legend to make sure that the program is allowed through the Domain, Private and Public by checking the checkboxes.
- In case, the Apex legend application is not there, then you would be required to add it to the firewall. To do so, you would have to click on the “Allow another app” option.
- Find, select and add the Apex legend. Again, make sure that that the program is allowed through the Domain, Private and Public by checking the checkboxes.
Now, launch the game and see if this solution works.
Reinstall your game
This solution is one of the solutions that simply comes to our mind when nothing works out. To reinstall your game, you would need to uninstall it first. You might be required to download the Apex Legend again.
So, these are some of the options to launch your game and get back to battle. I hope these solutions solve your issue and you can again start enjoying your game.
Experiencing difficulties with your Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.