Recovery Mode is a hidden feature available in many Android devices including the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9. This feature allows users to perform important tasks such as wipe data and restore to factory settings, reboot in regular mode or turn on Fastboot mode Bootloader mode.
In this article, we will show you how you can access Recovery Mode and all of its wonderful features in your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9.
How to Boot into Recovery Mode on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9
Warning: Depending on what you’re using the Recovery Mode for, you might want to keep a backup of all the important files on your phone.
- Power off your phone.
- Press the volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- As soon as the Redmi logo appears on the screen, let go of both buttons.
This will boot your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 in recovery mode.
How to Exit Recovery Mode
Once you’re done using the Recovery Mode, you can exit it by simply using the reboot option in the menu. This will boot your device in regular mode.
What can you do with the Recovery Mode?
The Recovery Mode on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 comes with the following menu options:
- Reboot: This options restarts your phone in regular mode.
- Wipe data: This option can be used when your device is infected with malicious programs that slow down performance. Just make sure you keep a backup of your important files.
- Connect with MIAssistant.
In other android devices, the following menu options are also available in Recovery Mode:
- Wipe cache partition (a partition in the device’s storage which is used as temporary storage for data).
- Apply update from ADB.
- Apply update from external sources.
- Apply update from cache.
Experiencing difficulties with your Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.