Both Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with Warzone and the previously launched Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War versions appear to have several issues or errors that gamers are experiencing often. Users typically find themselves in a Server Queue when the game’s servers are experiencing tremendous strain or load from more players than anticipated trying to log in. The players receive a notification showing “servers are facing heavy volume.” The message “You have been added to the queue and will be added to the game shortly” is also displayed along with an estimated wait time for the game to start, but on rare occasions, this Server Queue notice can get trapped and never go away. However, some simple steps can fix the Warzone server queue not counting down issue on the Xbox One, PS5, PS4, PC, and Series X|S Xboxes. Read this article and try each method until the issue gets resolved.
Causes Of Warzone Server Queue Not Counting Down
The Warzone server queue not counting down in COD could have numerous causes. Some of them are listed below:
- Game servers are down
- Random game glitch.
- Internet connection issues
- Corrupted game data
- The game is not updated to it’s latest version
Steps To Fix Warzone server queue not counting down in COD
In COD Black Ops Cold War, fixing the server queue problem is usually simple. These are some potential solutions for you if your wait time to access the online services are excessively long.
Method 1: Check Game Server Status
Since millions of people are simultaneously logged in to COD Black Ops Cold War and Warzone/Modern Warfare, server disruptions are frequent. Furthermore, maintenance procedures can correct any frequent faults and bugs.
Therefore, always check for server-side issues to ensure Black Ops Cold War is running well. To do this, follow the below-mentioned steps:–
- Visit the official Activision support page.
- Select the game from the menu under the Select Game option.
- If there are no server problems, you will see All platforms ONLINE. If you see any other messages, you must wait till they are fixed.
Method 2: Restart Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War server queue issues will occur if your game has any temporary glitches. To fix these issues, try closing all the background processes on your computer by opening the task manager and restarting the game. To do the same, follow these simple procedures:-
- Click the Ctrl+ shift+ ESC keys together to launch Task Manager
- Click on the undesirable processes in the Processes tab
- Then, choose the End task option in the top right corner
- For each background task, follow the same instructions
- Next, launch the game and check whether the issue resolved
Method 3: Check Network Stability
You must have a reliable and robust network connection to enjoy graphically intensive games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. In reality, a poor internet connection is the primary source of COD Black Ops server issue.
- Visit any speed test website to see if the network is strong and reliable. Contact the Internet Service Provider if the network speed is very slow.
- You can also restart your router to check if the network improves.
- Because mobile hotspot networks are unstable, avoid utilizing them for connection.
- If nothing else seems to be working, disconnect the power cable from the wall socket, let it rest for five to ten seconds, and then reconnect.
- If feasible, try using an Ethernet connection instead of WIFI.
Method 4: Repair Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Game Files
Black Ops Cold War Server Queue errors appear on your PC when the game files are corrupted or damaged. Follow the steps to fix the damaged game files on your PC and solve the issue:
- Open the Battle.net client and log in.
- Select Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War from the Games tab’s left menu.
- Then click on Options.
- Choose the Scan and Repair button from the list.
- Finally, click on Begin Scan to begin the scanning process. You can restart your game and computer after the procedure is finished.
Method 5: Reinstall Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Game
If none of the steps mentioned above were successful in solving the Warzone server queue not counting down, there is probably an incorrectly configured or damaged installation files interfering with the software’s functionality. In this case, you can try reinstalling the app by following the step:–
Note: Since your app is connected directly to your account, you won’t lose your progress when you reinstall Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
- Press the Windows + R key to open the Run box.
- Then, type appwiz.cpl and click Enter.
- Next, right-click on Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War in the list.
- Select Uninstall and if necessary, confirm the prompt.
- Now, use File Explorer, navigate to the following locations, and remove all the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War-related files and folders.
- Open your browser and go to the official Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War download page.
- After that, double-click the Installer file at the bottom of your screen.
- Finally, visit My downloads in File Explorer after the app has been installed on your computer.
Hopefully, this article helped you to resolve the Warzone server queue not counting down issue in CoD Modern Warfare and similarly, server issues in Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War as well. Just make sure to follow each step properly. If the issue is still unresolved, contact the customer support team.
Experiencing difficulties with your Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.