Genshin Impact is an action ARPG (Action role-playing game) created and produced by miHoYo. After it’s release in 2020, this game is accessible on a variety of platforms, including Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Android, and iOS. It’s first-year launch earnings of more than $3 billion were the biggest of any video game, and as of December 2022, it’s revenue stood at more than $5 billion.
Genshin Impact is an online open-world action RPG that heavily relies on it’s story and multiplayer mode. The anime-style graphics, several impressive characters, elemental magic, an action-based battle system, an open-world environment, and most importantly, the “Gacha” system make this game very intriguing and appealing to the gaming world. Additionally, the free-to-play aspect of this game makes it more popular. This game constantly expands, thanks to patches that regularly add new regions, characters, and weapons. More than 65 million active players worldwide enjoy this unique gacha game daily. This game is usually server-based, so each region has it’s own server and respective players. So the ping on this game is very satisfying and playable. It is also a cross-platform game meaning a PC player can also team up with a mobile player to traverse through the beautiful vast world of Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact, despite being very well-liked all over the world, does occasionally contain a few minor glitches. The most common one is players being stuck on the loading screen endlessly. As it’s very annoying and concerning, follow this guide thoroughly to fix the Genshin loading screen bug.
What is Genshin Impact Loading Screen Issue?
This error occurs when players try to launch Genshin Impact. After it’s launch, players have to log in with their credentials and start the game. However, the loading screen before the game begins is permanently stuck due to this bug. You are powerless to take any other action besides quitting the game, so nothing happens. To fix this issue, you have to troubleshoot and go through some solutions. But you must ensure you have the system specs and all the other aspects to run the game properly. We have provided 7 of the most workable methods to fix the Genshin loading screen issue.
Solutions to the Genshin Impact Loading screen stuck issue
Follow the below methods to fix the Genshin loading screen issue.
Check the System Requirements
Although this game has a good engine and runs smoothly, it needs a minimum system requirement to run properly. Here are the minimum and recommended system requirements to run Genshin Impact on PC:-
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4460
- RAM: 8 GB
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 1030
- Storage: 30 GB
- Network: Broadband Connection
- CPU: Intel Core i7
- RAM: 16 GB
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
- Storage: 30 GB
- Network: Broadband Connection
Additionally, if you’re trying to run this game on mobile devices, you need a high-performing smartphone. Check out the miHoYo website to get detailed information about requirements.
Verify and Repair the Game Files
Sometimes, corrupted or missing files may cause the issue of the Genshin loading screen. Follow the steps below to repair the game files on the Epic Launcher on PC:-
- First launch “Epic Launcher”
- Navigate to “Library”
- Find “Genshin Impact” and the “three-dot icon”, then click on it
- In there, click on the “Verify” option and wait for several minutes for the process to finish
After the verifying process is done, the launcher will automatically download and install the missing or corrupted files for the game. Try launching Genshin Impact after that, and your issue should be resolved.
Check for GPU Driver Update
Another viable reason behind the Genshin loading screen issue is not updating the GPU driver. Always install the latest updates of your dedicated graphics card driver to run the game without any issues. Do the following to update your graphics driver:-
- Open the “Start Menu” and search “Device Manager”
- Open it, and in there, look for “Display adapters”
- Expand the option and right-click on your dedicated GPU name
- Select “Update Driver”
- After that, select “Search automatically for drivers”
If it finds any available update for your GPU driver, it will accordingly download and install it. After the process, restart your system and try to launch Genshin Impact, and your issue should be fixed.
Close the Background Tasks
Sometimes too many background tasks can cause this Genshin loading screen issue. Because the game itself consumes a hefty amount of memory and graphics memory. So too many unnecessary tasks running in the background can be the reason behind the bug. Remove background tasks by:-
- Right-clicking on your “Taskbar” and open “Task Manager” or press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” keys together
- Navigate to the “Processes” tab and locate the unnecessary tasks running at the moment
- Then select each task and click on “End task” at the bottom
After closing all the unnecessary background tasks, try opening Genshin Impact to check if it’s still stuck on the loading screen.
Update the Game
Genshin Impact developers release updates and patches regularly to fix minor bugs and glitches. So issues like this get fixed by updating the game. Do the following:-
- First, run the “Epic Launcher”
- Go to “Library” and launch “Genshin Impact”
- After that, it will search for the updates on it’s own
- Make sure to wait for the download to finish if it finds any available update
After it’s done, close the Epic Launcher and restart your PC. If any update is available after downloading it, the Genshin loading screen issue should be fixed.
Disable Overlay Apps
We usually use several apps on our system with overlay functions. Because of that, Running games like Genshin Impact while the overlay is enabled can cause issues like the Genshin loading screen errors. Check out how to disable some of the popular software’s overlay:-
- Open the “Discord” app
- Go to settings after pressing the gear icon
- Go to the “Games” tab
- Choose Genshin Impact → Enable in-game overlay → turn off
Xbox Game Bar:
- Open Windows Settings or press the Windows key + R
- Navigate to Gaming → Game Bar → Turn off the Record option
Nvidia GeForce Experience:
- Run Nvidia GeForce Experience
- Go to “Settings”
- Then click on “General”
- In there, select In-Game Overlay → Disable
7. Increase VRAM
VRAM is utilized to perform an even and smooth implementation of the graphics display. Regarding this situation, you will need to manually increase your virtual memory’s size if your RAM is running low and the default size isn’t sufficient for your needs. Follow the steps:
- Go to “Start menu” and search “advanced system settings”
- Open “View advanced system settings”
- Navigate to Settings → Advanced tab → Select “Change”
- Deselect the “Automatically manage” option
- After that, select C drive → Custom size → Options
- Type “4096” in Maximum size (MB) and Initial size (MB)
- Select “Set” and then “OK”
- Restart your PC
After restarting your PC, launch Gensin Impact and the issue regarding Genshin loading screen should be fixed.
Try each step if the Genshin loading screen issue is still occurring. Try them one by one, and it should resolve your problem. If it’s still happening even after all of the solutions, please contact Hoyoverse for official support (email@example.com). That’s it. Hopefully, this will resolve your problem, and you will be able to play Genshin Impact properly again! Thank you!
Experiencing difficulties with your Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.