Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is a new action looter shooter fantasy role-playing game that was released by Gearbox Software and 2K in March 2022. The game is available for the Xbox lineup, Windows, and PlayStation lineup devices. This game efficiently supports cross-play so that players can enjoy the multiplayer mode, but some players have been complaining about encountering Tiny Tina multiplayer not working errors on Xbox series, PS5, PS4, and PC. Encountering this kind of issue while playing this game is not acceptable, and a solution is needed as soon as possible to get rid of the issue. If you are suffering from the same issue, you can go through this complete article as here we have discussed some troubleshooting methods to solve the errors. There can be multiple errors that may cause the issue, and you can get different types of error messages such as “Connection Error: Your connection has timed out”, “Please check your network”, “Could not connect to host”, or “This feature requires all active players to be connected to Gearbox Software Shift”.
Here are the troubleshooting methods to fix the Tiny Tina multiplayer not working issue.
Fix: Tiny Tina Multiplayer Not Working on PC, Xbox Series, PS4, PS5
In this guide, we have shared a few troubleshooting methods that can help you to get rid of the error you have been encountering. Let’s start.
Check your Internet Connection
Before going for any complex troubleshooting method, you must check your internet connection first. You can encounter this issue if your internet connection is not offering enough speed. Make sure to contact your service provider if you have a poor internet connection and change your IP address if needed. You can also switch to an Ethernet connection from a Wi-Fi connection or vice versa to check if the issue is resolved.
Update Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
If you have an outdated version of the game, you should definitely try to update your game to the latest version to see whether the issue is resolved or not. Below are the steps mentioned for doing that:-
- First, open the steam client and go to the library option.
- Next, right-click on the game from the options on your screen, followed by clicking on the manage option.
- Now, select the properties option and click on the updates tab.
- Next, click on the automatic update option and ensure it is enabled. If there is any update available, it will be automatically installed on your system.
For the Epic Games Launcher:
- First, open the Epic game launcher and go to the library option.
- Click on the three dots icon of Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands and make sure that the auto-update option is turned on.
- Go to my games and apps section.
- From there, go to the manage section and select updates, followed by installing the latest version of the game on your system.
- Go to the library option from the home menu and choose the game there.
- Now, press the options button and select the check for update option.
- If you can see any available updates, make sure to install them.
Update All Device Drivers (PC Only)
If you are using outdated PC drivers, you can face multiple issues, including this one. You should always ensure that all your computer drivers are updated and that no driver is missing or corrupted. Follow the below steps to ensure:-
- First, right-click on the start menu to get the quick access menu.
- Now, click on the device manager from the list that you will be able to see on your computer screen.
- Click on your device driver category to expand the list, followed by right-clicking on the device.
- Select the update driver option and choose the search automatically for drivers option.
- If there is any update available for your computer drivers, it will be automatically downloaded now.
- Install the latest version, and restart your computer once it is done to save the changes.
Update System Software
The next troubleshooting method is updating the system software, as sometimes, your outdated system software can cause issues with your system performance, especially when you are playing multiplayer games. Here are the steps to update your system software on all the platforms:-
- First, press Windows + I keys and open the Windows settings menu.
- Now, click on the update and security option followed by selecting the check for updates option under the windows update section.
- If you can see any further update available, download and install it.
- Wait for a few moments until it is done and once it is done, restart your computer to save all the changes.
- Go to the settings menu of your Playstation console and select the system software update option.
- Check if any updates are available and follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Once the update is done, reboot the system to apply the changes.
- First, press the home button on the Xbox console to launch the dashboard menu.
- After this, select the settings menu from the bottom of the menu option, followed by selecting all settings
- Go to the system option and select the updates option.
- Now, select the update console option if you see any update is available and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Make sure to reboot your console to apply changes once the update is done.
Check Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Server Status
Sometimes, the problem can occur if there is some kind of issue with the server status itself. In that case, you can do nothing. It is important to get a real-time update about the server downtime or maintenance to ensure that there are no issues on the developer’s side preventing the game from connecting with the server. You can follow the official Twitter handle of the game or close the game and try re-launching it after a few hours.
Repair Game Files
If any game file is corrupted or missing on your PC, you can encounter the Tiny Tina Multiplayer Not Working issue. You can try to verify and repair your game files by using steam or epic game launcher to solve the problem. Here is how you can do that in both ways:-
- First, launch steam followed by clicking on the library option.
- Right-click on Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands from the list of all the installed games that you will be able to see on your screen.
- Click on the properties option and go to the local files.
- Click on the verify integrity of game files option.
- Wait for a few moments until the process is completed; make sure to restart your computer once it is completed.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- First, open the Epic game launcher and click on the library.
- Next, tap on the three dots icon of Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands.
- Next, click the verify option, which will automatically start verifying all your game files.
- Wait until the process is completed and when it is done, make sure to restart the launcher.
Power Cycle your PC or Console
This issue can also occur due to temporary glitches on your PC or console device. This kind of glitch can also lead to connectivity issues. To get rid of the glitch, you can perform a single power cycle method on your gaming device. For doing that, follow the steps below:
- First, power off your PC console completely, followed by unplugging the power cable from the main power source.
- Wait for a few minutes and plug back the power cable in.
- Power on the PC or your console and try to relaunch the game.
- Check if the issue is fixed now.
Power Cycle Wi-Fi Router
It is also advised to try a power cycle method on your Wi-Fi router as well. Glitches can also occur with the Wi-Fi router connection, and it is the best way to eliminate them. Here is how you can do that:-
- First power off the router and then unplug the power adaptor from the main power source.
- Wait for a few minutes, and then plug back the power cable in.
- Turn on the router’s Wi-Fi and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Contact Gearbox’s Software Support or 2K Support
In case, not a single method has worked for you, as the final step to get rid of this issue, you can try to contact Gearbox’s Software Support or 2K support to raise a ticket and get further assistance. Support agents are already aware that players are encountering this kind of issue and can help you get rid of it and improve your gaming experience.
That is it. Hope this guide was helpful to you and you have successfully solved the Tiny Tina Multiplayer Not Working issue.
Experiencing difficulties with your Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.