There are reasons when we want to convert a PDF file to EPUB type and the most obvious reason is the eBook reader. If you want to read a file in the eBook reader such as Amazon Kindle, you need to convert that file into a compatible format such as EPUB. However, this is not a big deal and there are plenty of ways to convert PDF to EPUB. Whether you want to convert PDF to EPUB Mac or PDF to EPUB Linux, the process is almost same. Anyways, here in this article we have explained the simplest ways to convert a PDF file into EPUB. So, have a read to know it.
Ways to convert PDF to EPUB
Method 1: Calibre
Calibre is a great eBook software which is supported in all the platform such as Windows, Linux and Mac. But, this is not just an eBook software rather it has many other features as well including the file conversion. So, you can easily convert PDF to EPUB Calibre on your Mac, Windows or Linux machine. Here is a step by step process to use this software.
- First launch Calibre on your PC. You will notice an add books option at the topmost left corner. Tap on that option to select the file to be converted. Or else you can use the drag and drop policy as well. Drag the PDF file and drop it into Calibre.
- Next, select the book from the available list and tap on the Convert Books button at the top.
- The next step is to select the required output format from a drop-down The drop-down menu will be available in the right-hand corner.
- Select EPUB from there and then tap on the Jobs icon at the bottom right side.
- Click on the option ‘show job details,’ and it will show you the output file destination. That’s it. You can now open the EPUB file when you need.
Method 2: File conversion app (EPUBator)
If you have enough idle time while traveling and want to convert the PDF file into EPUB format on the go, nothing can be the best solution for you than this software. This is a complete free software which is used in the Smartphone or tablet to convert PDF to EPUB. Here is a guide to using the app.
- First, download and install EPUBator in your smartphone and launch it.
- Tap on the option Convert PDF.
- Select the required folder where the PDF is located.
- And then once done, it will start the conversion process. You will find the EPUB converted file in the same folder where the PDF file was.
Many more similar software are available for the same purpose. So, you can use them as well for the conversion process. EPUBator is free, ad-free and works offline.
Method 3: Web-based tool (Online convert.com)
This is a web-based tool that can handle several conversion types including the PDF to EPUB one. Here is how to use this online web-based tool to get your job done.
- First head to the Online Convert homepage and select the required format. Here you need to select EPUB from the list.
- Next, tap on the choose file option and select the required PDF file that you want to convert.
- Once selected, click on the convert file option and that’s it. It will start converting the file and you will get it in the designated folder.
So, these are the main process to convert PDF to EPUB Mac, windows and Linux.