Notification is a very important and helpful feature of any modern smartphone. It keeps the users informed about the notable things which have happened. The badge app icon on android mobiles easily catches the users attention. Top mobile manufacturing brands such as Samsung, Apple and LG had them for a long time. However, with the release of the Android Oreo which is the latest version of Android, it became even more popular because it was an integrated part of the Operating system. Now all modern smartphones feature it.
Even though the launcher icon notification is a very helpful and an essential features which make things a bit simpler but if you still want to disable it just for any reason then read on below. Listed below are the steps which you can follow to disable notification of a particular app or even disable all of them together.
Here is how you can get rid of notification dots which are displayed on the icons
- First of all head to the settings application
- Now tap on Apps and Notifications option. A new menu will appear.
- Now scroll down and click on notifications option.
- Now press the Allow notification dots option to switch the notifications off.
This will disable the notifications.
In case you want to disable notification of a particular app, this can also be done quite easily. Here is how you can turn off badge notification of an application.
- On getting notification from the particular app which you want to disable. Just pull down the notifications panel.
- Now swipe the notification halfway. Here you will find a gear icon press it.
- This will open a new window.
- Now toggle the allow notifications option to off mode.
This will disable all the notifications you receive from that application.