Facebook has rolled out the Dark Mode on iOS devices last month to small number of users Globally.You might also start receiving the dark mode update in couple of days or months. Recently we published an Guide on How to Enable Facebook Dark Mode in Web Browser & in this Post we are going to show you how to enable Facebook Dark Mode on Android & iOS Smartphone.
Facebook Dark Mode on Android App
At present, there is no official option that will enable Dark Mode in Android App. However, @alex193a a twitter user reported that Dark Mode on Facebook App is currently in development and will be available soon.
But this doesn’t stop you from getting the Dark Mode on Facebook Android App. There are some alternative methods through which you will be able to get dark mode in Facebook android app.
Enable System-wide Dark Mode:
Android 10 offers system-wide dark mode which will enable the entire UI and the apps to turn dark so you can use the System-wide dark mode to enable dark mode on Facebook app.
Follow the following steps:
- First, You need to enable developer options. Follow the guide to enable developer options on your Android Phone.
- In developer options, there is a toggle which states “ Override Force Dark” click on it and enable it.
- To get dark mode on Facebook, click twice on the toggle to disable it and then enable it again. This step is required for Facebook App to get dark mode.
- Open the Facebook App and it will enable Dark Mode in it.
Dark Mode on Facebook Lite App:
Facebook Lite which is a trimmed down version of the Facebook App launched for the entry-level smartphones already got the Dark Mode option in the setting. You will be able to enable it without any hassle. So if you want to use Facebook Lite follows the steps to get the dark mode to enable on Facebook Lite App.
- Download the Facebook lite app from the play store.
- Log In to your Facebook account.
- Go to the settings on the top right corner.
- Click on the Dark mode toggle slider and dark mode will be activated.
Dark Mode on Chrome Browser
This method is for those who for some reason want to use Facebook on their chrome browser on their phones instead of using it in the official app.
- Open Google Chrome
- Tap on three dots at the top right corner.
- Click on Settings at the bottom.
- There you find an option for themes. Choose a dark theme among the options and it will enable it.
Facebook Dark Mode on iOS:
Facebook App on iOS doesn’t support dark mode just like the android app till now. But WABetaInfo confirmed that the Dark theme for Facebook iOS app is in development and will be available soon.
But till then there are ways through which you will be able to use Dark Mode in iOS.
Enable Smart Invert Mode:
This is the best way to get Facebook dark mode on the Facebook iOS app. Smart Invert Mode feature added in iOS 13 just to add dark mode to those apps who don’t have dark mode officially.
- This feature is available in phone Accessibility settings.
- Open setting> Accessibility>Display & Text Size
- There you will find Smart Invert toggle.
- Click on slider toggle to enable Smart Invert Mode.
- Open Facebook App and you will see that the Facebook theme will turn dark.
So by this way you can enable Facebook Dark Mode on your Smartphone. If you like this Tutorial make sure to share this article to your Friends or try it yourself.
Experiencing difficulties with your Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.