Samsung Galaxy Gallery Labs is a hidden feature in the Samsung Galaxy devices with One UI. As many know that Samsung is the biggest smartphone maker in the world.
If you are planning to buy a Samsung galaxy device or own a Samsung device, we will tell you about the Galaxy Labs feature.
All Samsung devices with One UI have this feature but by default it is hidden and we need to enable it in the settings. When enabled, this feature gives users some extra functionality and options, which are very helpful.
The South Korean smartphone maker is investing a lot in its custom user interface One UI. This user interface comes with all new Samsung devices and the best part is that it offers a similar interface and options to all Samsung devices be it a flagship device or a mid-range device.
This article is all about the Samsung Galaxy Labs feature which is hidden in the Gallery option. It is comparable to the developer mode hidden menu that we enabled when we unlocked the bootloader. It is also similar to the Chrome flags feature experimental page for the Google Chrome browser.
So here is the step-by-step guide to enable the Samsung Galaxy Labs features.
- Open the Gallery app on your device.
- Tap on the Hamburger Menu at the bottom next to the stories option.
- A new menu will open.
- Tap on settings from this new menu.
- Then scroll down and look for and then tap on About Gallery at the bottom.
- On the top section, under the gallery, there is a written version number.
- Start tapping on the version number about seven to ten times.
- As you continue tapping that version number right there, you are going to see the toast menu pop up at the bottom. It is similar to that when we enabled developers mode in the About phone menu.
- So once that happens, Tap the back button to go back to the gallery settings again.
- This time when you are looking in the gallery settings, you will find the new Galaxy Labs option at the bottom.
- Tap on the Galaxy Labs option and you will find options/features.
- This will give us a number of different features for us to choose from. Mainly these features will be enabled with toggles but there are some other options also.
Some of these options are categorized within the specific version of One UI. It means if you are running One UI version 3.0 or newer then you will be able to use the option under the One UI 3.0 category. You will be able to customized and configure all those options under One UI 3.0.
Similarly, if you are running One UI version 2.5 or higher then you will be able to configure or customize the option under category One UI 2.5.
If you enable the option “Show trash storage info” under the One UI 2.1 category. Then whenever you want to delete something from the gallery, it will show the size of the file. If you disable this option as it was before then you won’t be able to the size of the file you are deleting.
Similarly, all other options have some features and they can be enabled and disabled by just tapping on the toggle.
This is a step-by-step guide to access the hidden Samsung Galaxy Gallery Labs feature on modern Samsung smartphones and tablets.
Experiencing difficulties with your Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.