Underneath we’ll get into a portion of the arrangements on How to Fix Google Pixel 2 Unresponsive Screen.
Google Pixel 2 is a reliable smartphone which can handle a number of tasks simultaneously. Its speed and performance are lightning fast and it is really frustrating when it hangs or freezes.
If your Google Pixel keeps freezing and restarting it might be because of an internal problem which if ignore might become much bigger. One of the major causes of your Google Pixel unresponsive screen is the hardware damage because of accidental falls or due to liquid contact.
Your Google Pixel can also freeze because of extensive usage which causes the processor to become exhausted and it stops working. A heavy application or an unsuccessful update can also cause your Google Pixel to keep restarting itself. All these problems can be somehow solved by the user as they are related to the software and not the hardware. You cannot do anything if the reason behind Google Pixel crashing is hardware related rather than getting it repaired at an authorized service center.
So if you are sure there are no hardware related issues with your Google Pixel you can try these methods to restore the smooth running of your device.
Steps to fix Google Pixel 2 unresponsive screen
Force restarting is actually similar to soft reset but it is done using the power and volume keys as the screen is unresponsive. You need not worry about the loss of your valuable data because it will not affect it.
If you don’t know how to force restart your phone you can follow the steps listed below.
- Press and hold the power button along with the volume down button for around 8 to 9 seconds.
- Leave the buttons as soon as the phone vibrates.
- The phone will restart.
Checking the internal storage space
Google Pixel can keep crashing and freezing if the internal storage is almost full. So you need to clear up some space to bring the normal functioning back. Check the internal storage and if you see the available space is less than 10% you need to delete some files and applications to clear it.
To check the storage properties you can go to settings and select the storage menu. It will display the whole list of apps along with the spaces they are occupying.
You can also clear some space by deleting older and unused videos and photos.
- To do so first of all, go to settings and tap the storage menu.
- Now click on free up space option.
- To select and delete a file tap on the empty box present on the right of that file and then click on free up.
Force stopping apps
A large app running in the background can also cause this freezing problem in your Pixel. In order to prevent it close all the background applications and then restart your device. To do so:
- First, open settings and click on apps and notifications.
- Now tap on App info. Select the apps which you want to stop and then tap the force stop button.
Software updates fix any kind of software bugs and thus can be helpful in solving this problem.
- To check for available software update head to settings and then tap the system option.
- Now click on about option.
- You will automatically get notifications if updates are available.
- Download and install the update to ensure the smooth functioning of your Google Pixel 2.
Resetting your device
If updating the software doesn’t work for you then the last option left to restore Google pixel shutdown bug is to factory reset your phone. Before doing a factory reset make a backup of all the important files and pieces of information stored on your phone as it will erase everything. Creating a backup to the Google drive is the best way to safeguard your data.
Here is how you factory reset your Pixel 2.
- Go to the settings
- Now scroll down and select the system option.
- You will find a reset option. Click on it.
- At this point, you may be asked to enter your PIN or password.
- After that tap erase all data option.
- Wait for your phone to restart.
You have done factory resetting your device.
Experiencing difficulties with your Android Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.
Other Android Technical Reviews:- Android