Featuring a game world bigger than the other title in the series, a truly epic cast of crazed characters, and hours of cinematic sequences, Grand Theft Auto 5 has an ambition and scale exceeding maximum triple-A development on the present consoles. Released on 17th September 2013, GTA 5 is an action-adventure game. It is the foremost core edition in the lineup of Grand Theft Auto. It is available for Microsoft Windows platforms, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4. However, some players are getting GTA 5 Online errors showing a message Rockstar Game services are unavailable right now. This particular error is quite irritating as players receive this error message while playing the game. This interrupts your gameplay and ruins your game’s experience, time, and effort. Also, it affects the progress of your game and has a negative impact on the player profile. It does not mean that the services are not available. The error is related to device drivers or weak internet connectivity, or even a Firewall program. If you too are facing this error, we recommend following this guide.
How to Fix GTA 5 Online Error the Rockstar Game Services Are unavailable right now
Here are some possible workarounds that you might try. Let’s jump into it.
Restart your Console/PC
One of the easiest and most common methods is restarting your Windows PC or maybe any of your consoles, such as PlayStation 4,5 or Xbox One, S etc. So, it is vital that you clear the cache to fix any software glitch on your console/PC once. In most cases, it would probably fix your game error. This will also clear any bug in memory or reset the system memory and also by killing unwanted tasks, refreshing the system performance. Try to reboot your gaming device for better performance. However, if this trick isn’t helpful, move on to the next one.
Check Display Calibration
- On your console/PC, Launch the GTA 5 game.
- When the game starts to load, you need to press and hold the R1 or L1 button on your console(or the respective keys/option for such on PC) for a while and you will view the Display Calibration screen.
- When you view the Display Calibration screen, this means that your GTA 5 Online game is working perfectly on your side.
- Next, close the calibration screen and then move back to the GTA 5 game to check whether it is running.
If not, follow the next step.
Disable proxy servers
There is a probability that Rockstar’s datacenters may be restricting your connection. A reason for this may be a proxy connection. Because of this, your device may not work correctly in game mode. You may disable proxy servers and then resume playing your game smoothly. To disable the proxy servers on your PC for GTA 5, follow the steps mentioned below:
- To run the command prompt on your PC, press Win +R
- Type ncpa.cpl and then press Enter. Internet properties will open
- Navigate to the Connections tab
- From the menu, select LAN settings
- You can locate the proxy servers check box. If you use proxy servers, disable them
- Finally, save the settings and then restart GTA 5 to resolve the unavailable service error.
Try invite only session
Once your GTA 5 game is loaded, navigate to your online tab and choose ‘Invite only Session” before you jump into your online gameplay. In certain cases, it should fix the error.
Change Firewall Settings
Ensure you have added an exception for the GTA 5 game on your Windows Firewall Program. In some cases, the program of Windows Firewall may block your game from running properly or fetching the server connection.
Change DNS Setting
You can change your DNS setting from your in-game Network Settings in the Settings menu. However, users can head over to Network Adapter settings directly by following the below-mentioned steps:-
- To open up the Run Dialog Box, press Windows +R
- Next, type ncpa.cpl and then hit Enter
- Perform a right-click on the Ethernet (Network Adapter) as per your wireless/wired connection.
- Then, select Properties
- Next, double-click on the TCP/IPv4 (Internet Protocol Version 4)
- You can take a screenshot or may even note down the already existing DNS server addresses correctly for both the Alternate and Preferred DNS Server
- When done, replace your DNS addresses with 220.127.116.11 for Alternate DNS and 18.104.22.168 for Preferred DNS.
- To confirm the selection, click OK, and to apply the changes again, click on OK.
- For console users, similarly, from the Network Settings, you can navigate to the Setup Internet Connection option and manually replace the DNS addresses.
- Restart your console or computer afterwards and relaunch the GTA 5 online game to check if the error has been resolved.
When none of the above methods are working for you, you must check if there any pending updates for the graphics driver or some other PC drivers, such as the network driver. The users of Nvidia Graphics Cards need to update their GeForce Experience app.
Check your internet connection, and configure QoS and NAT services
The reason for this error might be because of an issue with your internet connection. Your connection may be unstable or weak. Your router needs to be turned off and restarted again. You need to simply press the power button that is present behind the router. Now, you need to wait for another 5-10 seconds and then restart it again. This will help reset the data connection and offer a good signal strength. From unused or idle devices, you may disable the Wi-Fi connection to reduce the load on your router.
Also, advanced router settings need to be configured. A restricted connection might be the cause for the Rockstar Game Services Are unavailable right now issue. This can be resolved by changing the QoS and NAT type. A Strict Nat Type will not allow you to connect securely with your game servers. You will have to change it. You will be able to do that from the settings menu available on the router’s home page. Here you have to log in and search for the option UPnP and enable it. Next, save the settings and then restart your router. Your NAT is open now, and you can play your game without any issues or errors.
Also, you have to set a preference for your bandwidth. This may be done while prioritizing the GTA 5 from the QoS settings. QoS basically provides maximum bandwidth to your desired process. When you come across the error, this can be because your game gets low bandwidth. To change the priority, navigate to the router setting and search for QoS. You have to enable the option and provide quality to the service that will directly impact GTA 5 as a high priority. Finally, save your settings and then restart your router.
That’s all, folks! We hope that you found this troubleshooting guide quite useful. You may contact us in case of any doubt.
Experiencing difficulties with your Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.