iPhone XS Max is a great phone from Apple that was bought by a huge number of iPhone lovers. But, soon a very common issue came to the light and most of the iPhone XS Max owners were seen to complain about this issue. It is the iPhone XS Max phone call problems. The iPhone XS Max owners reported that they are not able to receive any phone calls. There can be several reasons contributing to this issue.
What you need to do is first check a few stuff in the Settings and then follow the steps to resolve the iPhone XS Max phone call problems issue.
Things to check
- The first thing to check is the network connection in your iPhone XS Max. If the signal is really poor, you will not be able to either receive or send any phone calls.
- The second thing to check is, if the airplane mode is on in your iPhone XS Max. If you have turned on this feature on your phone and forgot to turn it off back, unfortunately, this will create this issue.
- Check the ‘Do Not Disturb settings’ once on your iPhone. In case this setting is active, this will create the iPhone XS Max phone call problems issue. How to check it is by going to Settings > Do Not Disturb and then turn the slider off.
- Another most common reason why you are not able to receive any call is the call-forwarding In case you have turned on this mode, it will create the issue. So, go to Settings > Phone> Call Forwarding and turn this option off.
Now, once you have checked all the above things and still not able to fix up the call receiving issue, the next step is to follow the below workarounds.
Steps to resolve iPhone XS Max phone call problems issue
A simple soft reset can resolve any kind of issue quickly. So, it is suggested to perform a soft reset first before following any other steps.
- Press and hold the side or power button and any of the volume buttons together for few seconds.
- As the Slider to power off command appears on the screen, release all the buttons.
- Now, drag that slider to the right side.
- After a few seconds press and hold the power button and wait till the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Now, try making a call to see if the issue is resolved or not.
Install new updates for carrier and iOS:
Sometimes it is just an update from the carrier or Apple that can resolve the issue. So, check one by one and then update your iPhone with the latest update available.
- First, go to Settings > General > About and wait for few seconds. If any new update is available, it will pop up on the screen. So, click on the update option and the latest update from the carrier will resolve several network issues.
- Again go to settings> General> Software update and check if any update from Apple is available or not. In case any update is available, it will pop up on the screen. Follow all the instructions carefully and your device will be updated.
But, ensure to stay connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection during the software update.
Reset network settings:
Resetting the network settings too can fix up the issue for you sometimes. Error in a network configuration is one of the main reasons for this issue. So, try reverting the network settings once.
- Go to Settings > Tap on General> and then Reset and tap on reset network settings.
- Now, enter the password when asked and press the confirm button to reset the network settings.
So, try these steps one by one and it will definitely resolve the iPhone XS Max phone call problems issue.