Nintendo’s famous AR game Pokemon GO has been a craze ever since its release. The game requires that you walk around with your smartphone to collect the Pokemons. This has caused many traffic mishaps and you rather play it at home than be outside hunting for the Pokemons. However, this method does violate the terms of service of the developers and you might even get banned from playing the game. But playing safe rather than risking your life is definitely worth the risk.
To play Pokemon Go from your PC you will have to use GPS spoofing. Find a detailed guide below to learn how to play Pokemon Go on PC.
You need an emulator to play Pokemon Go on PC. You need to install BlueStacks from their official website.
What is BlueStacks (Emulator)?
BlueStacks makes the BlueStacks App Player which enables the Android applications to run on computers that run on Microsoft Windows and Apple’s macOS. There are more than 1.5 million Android apps that the App Player can run on computer. There are millions of BlueStacks users across the world. The App Player features a keyboard, a mouse and an external touchpad controls. The software is free to download users are can use the basic features for free. However, if you wish to exploit its advanced features then you would have to pay a monthly subscription.
There are some minimum requirements that you must have before you can install BlueStacks:
All Windows PC should be running on Windows 7 or higher. They must have 5 GB of hard drive space and a minimum of 2 GB memory. Users with administrative rights only will be able to download BlueStacks. The Windows PC must run on AMD or Intel processor.
All Apple owners using a Mac should be running on macOS Sierra or higher. The computer must have 4 GB disk space and a 4 GB RAM.
Steps to Download and Play Pokemon Go on PC
Step 1- Download and Install BlueStacks
- Download the BlueStacks from the above link
- Install the file in your computer by executing the file and granting permissions if required using admin rights
- You will be prompted different tips during the installation process go through them. When the installation is done sign in using a Google Account.
Step 2- Download and Install Pokemon Go
Once you have installed BlueStacks on your computer, you can install Pokemon GO.
- Go to Google Play Store
- Search for Pokemon Go
- Download and install
Don’t launch the game as yet because you need to restart BlueStacks first.
Step 3- Restart BlueStacks
- Close all the apps running in the background
- Navigate to BlueStacks Home Screen
- Click on the arrow pointing downwards, located at the top-right corner
- You will get a drop down menu and from the options select “Restart Android Engine”. This will restart the Android Emulator
Step 4- Set Up Fake GPS Location
Pokemon Go runs with live GPS location. You need to present the game with a fake GPS location for it to run on your computer before you can start playing the game.
- Launch BlueStacks App application
- You will find a GPS icon located at the bottom-right corner of the screen, click on it
- This will launch a Maps Application. You can select any location – just scroll the red GPS indicator to the desired location and click on “Set” at the top-left corner. Players can use the Zoom function to visit and play in certain places on the map.
- Without closing the location app click on Home button on the navigation bar, to go to Home Screen.
You are all set to play Pokemon Go from the precincts of your home.
Step 5- Play Pokemon Go
- Launch the Pokemon GO game on your computer and login with your Pokemon GO trainer’s account. Everything in the game needs to be set up just as you would have to do it while playing the game on your phone.
- Log in with your old Pokemon ID and it will load your previously set up Pokemon Go account automatically. New players can create a new account.
- Accept the terms and agreements of the game, when prompted
- It takes some time for the game to load, once done you will be ready to pick your character and begin your Pokemon hunt.
The game will begin at a fake location that you earlier engaged yourself in before beginning the game. If at any point of the game, you would like to change the game location you will have to go back to Fake GPS and change the location of the game. Too many long distance jumps could reveal that you are using a Fake GPS. Thus you must stick to changing locations that are not too far apart.
If you are wondering whether there is a way on how to play Pokemon Go on PC without emulator then, as for now there isn’t any other way. You will have to use BlueStacks to enjoy this game on your computer screen. Just follow the step-by-step instructions mentioned above and you will be able to install and play Pokemon Go on PC from your home.