If you are using Windows 10 operating system, you must have seen that Activate Windows along with the ‘Go to settings to activate windows’ watermark in your screen once. This is nothing but the reminder that your Windows license has expired. If you are tired of this watermark and want to get rid of it permanently, the best way is to use the product key and activate Windows 10 on your PC. But, what if you do not have the product key or else you do not want to renew the license again and want to get rid of the watermark anyhow?
This is not a very tough task and can be done following some simple steps. So, if you are wondering how to remove Activate Windows 10 watermark, you have landed at the right page. Here we have discussed the simplest way for that. Have a read to know the process.
Steps to Remove Activate Windows Watermark in Windows 10
- First, bring up the Run dialogue box in your computer or laptop by pressing the Windows+R key.
- Here you need to type regedit in the box. Next, press enter to start the Registry Editor.
- Next navigate to the key “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” Expand “Control Panel”.
- Now, click on the Desktop folder.
- At the right-hand side, you will see a key PaintDesktopVersion” DWORD. Double click on that.
- Here you need to change the value from 0 to 1. This is all. You have now successfully removed the Activate Windows 10 watermark from your PC.
So, this is how to remove Activate Windows 10 watermark. But, remember this is done temporarily and you will get back the same message later on. And then again you need to remove it the same way. But if you want to remove Activate Windows watermark permanently, then go for using the product key to activate it directly.