Moving your contacts, photos, accounts, and calendars from your old Android phone to a new iPhone is easier than ever with the help of the Move to iOS app. This is Apple’s first app introduced on the Android platform. This app helps to connect your old Android phone with the new Apple device via a direct WiFi connection, and you can transfer all of your data. However, this app can be helpful to move a lot of your data, but it doesn’t let you share apps, passwords, or music. Moreover, you can only transfer data from your Android phone to iPhone or iPad using iOS 9 or higher. If you are using the latest iPhone, it will be easier for you. Here are the steps to move your data from Android to iPhone.
How to Move Your Data from Android to iPhone through Move to iOS
- Set up your new iPhone until “Apps & Data” screen appears.
- Choose the option “Move Data from Android”.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your android device and find the Move to iOS
- Install the application on your Android device.
- Open after installing.
- Tap Continue on both devices.
- Select Agree and proceed Next on your Android device.
- You will get a 12-digit code on your iPhone; enter the code on your Android device.
Once you have entered the code, your Android device will be connected with the iPhone via a peer-to-peer WiFi connection, and choose what data you need to transfer.
This app will ask you if you want to transfer your Google Account information, text messages, Chrome bookmarks, photos, videos, and contacts. Select the things you want to move to your new phone.
Your Android device will transfer all the selected data to your iPhone and place the suitable content into the right apps. After transferring the data, both the devices will be disconnected, and the Android device will prompt you about taking your old device to the Apple Store, where you will be able to recycle it for free.
Once the transfer is done, choose to Continue Setting Up iPhone on your iOS device and continue setting up a new Apple ID or log in with your existing Apple ID.
Once the setup is done, you will be prompted to log in to the accounts you have transferred from your old Android device. You can log in to the accounts, and you are good to go!
The duration of the transfer process depends on the amount of data you’re transferring, especially if you are storing many videos and photos.
Use Sim Card to Transfer Contacts
If you are looking to move your contacts and not the other data from your Android device, you can use your SIM card to transfer contacts. If you are storing address book data on your SIM card, you can create a backup of your contacts and move them to the iPhone via SIM card.
You need to follow these steps:
- Open the contacts app on your Android phone, tap the menu button and go to the settings. Find and choose the Import/Export.
- Choose the Export Tap on export to the SIM card.
- Wait for the contacts to be exported.
- Once you are done with the export, remove your SIM card from the Android phone and put it in your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Next, tap Contacts and Import Contacts from SIM card.
Once you are done with the import, you can see your contacts available in the Contacts app on your iPhone.
Use Google to Transfer Contacts
You can make use of cloud power for moving the contacts from Android to iPhone. In such a case, you can use your Google account because it supports both Android and iPhone.
To make it happen, you need a Google account. You must have created a Google account on your Android device.
Follow these steps to transfer your contacts:
- Back up your contacts to Google on your Android device. The backup should be automatic if you are using your Google account on Android. However, you can tap Settings, Go to Account, choose the Google account you want to sync to, and then turn on Sync Contacts.
- Once you are done with this, add the same Google account on your iPhone.
- Once you are done with the account setup, you will be able to enable contact syncing on iPhone. If not, open Settings and go to Password & Accounts. Tap the Gmail account to continue.
- Turn on the Contacts slider, and the contacts available on the Google account will be synced to the iPhone.
From now on, any changes made in your iPhone address book will be automatically synced to your Google account. You will have a complete copy of your address book in two places, and you can safely back up your contacts and transfer them to other devices if needed.
Experiencing difficulties with your Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.