The OnePlus Open is a highly anticipated foldable smartphone recently launched by OnePlus in India. Packed with powerful features and the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip, this device offers a seamless user experience. However, like any smartphone, it’s not immune to performance issues or errors. In such cases, flashing the stock firmware on your OnePlus Open can help restore its original performance, providing a fresh start and resolving any issues you may be facing.
OnePlus Open Device Overview
The OnePlus Open is a dual-SIM smartphone running on Android 13 with the OxygenOS 13.1 custom skin. It features a 7.82-inch AMOLED inner display and a 6.31-inch outer screen, both with a refresh rate of up to 120Hz. This ensures smooth visuals and a seamless user experience. Powered by the Snapdragon 695 SoC and 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM, the OnePlus Open offers powerful multitasking capabilities.
Photography enthusiasts will appreciate the triple rear camera setup, which includes a 108-megapixel primary sensor, a 2-megapixel macro shooter, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. The front-facing 16-megapixel camera is perfect for selfies and video calls. The device also supports up to 256GB of UFS 2.2 storage, expandable up to 1TB via a microSD card.
Connectivity options include 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/A-GPS, a 3.5mm audio jack, and a USB Type-C port. The OnePlus Open also features a side-mounted fingerprint sensor for secure access and a range of onboard sensors for a seamless user experience. With a 5,000mAh battery supporting 67W SuperVOOC wired charging, the OnePlus Open offers all-day usage and quick top-ups.
What is a Stock ROM?
A Stock ROM, or stock firmware, is the official operating system installed on a device by the manufacturer. It is the version of Android that comes pre-installed on your OnePlus Open. Stock ROMs are designed to provide a stable and reliable user experience, ensuring compatibility with all device components and optimizing performance.
The Advantages of Stock Firmware
Flashing the stock firmware on your OnePlus Open comes with several advantages:
- Unbrick Your Device: If your device is stuck in a boot loop or unresponsive, flashing the stock firmware can help revive it.
- Fix Boot Loop Issues: Stock firmware installation can resolve boot loop issues, where the device keeps restarting without fully booting up.
- Upgrade or Downgrade Software Version: Stock firmware allows you to upgrade or downgrade the software version on your OnePlus Open according to your preferences.
- Unroot Your Device: If you have rooted your device and want to return it to its original state, flashing the stock firmware will unroot it.
- Fix Lag or Software Issues: If you are experiencing lag or software issues on your OnePlus Open, flashing the stock firmware can often resolve these problems.
- Regain Device Warranty: If you have modified your device and voided the warranty, flashing the stock firmware can restore your device’s warranty eligibility.
OnePlus Open Firmware Flash Files
To flash the stock firmware on your OnePlus Open, you will need the appropriate firmware files. These files contain the necessary software components for your device to function properly. OnePlus releases firmware updates periodically to improve performance, fix bugs, and enhance security.
Here are the available OnePlus Open firmware flash files:
|– Integrates the September 2023 Android security patch to enhance system security.
– Improves the full-screen layout of the live-streaming page on Facebook.
– Improves the experience of using Split View in landscape mode.
– Improves the experience of finding recently used apps on the task bar.
– Improves the experience of opening three apps in Split View.
– Fixes an issue where accidental touches might be falsely recognized as Screen-off gestures on the cover screen.
– Optimizes the touch sensitivity of the main screen.
– Improves the stability and expands the compatibility of Wi-Fi network connections.
– Improves the stability and expands the compatibility of Bluetooth connections.
– Improves the experience of using IR Remote.
– Shows the equivalent focal lengths for zoom options in the camera.
– Allows users to change the default wide-angle focal length in the camera settings.
– Improves Dolby Vision effects.
– Improves the preview thumbnails of photos.
– Enhances the experience of taking videos by tapping and holding the shutter button.
– Improves the performance, stability, and quality of the camera and video-taking.
– Provides overall system performance improvements and bug fixes.
Please note that firmware details may change with new updates, and it’s essential to check for the latest firmware version available for your OnePlus Open device.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on OnePlus Open
Before you proceed with flashing the stock firmware on your OnePlus Open, make sure to follow these pre-requirements:
- Ensure that you have the correct firmware file for your OnePlus Open model. Flashing the wrong firmware can cause issues or brick your device.
- You will need a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device to the computer.
- Download and install the latest OnePlus USB Drivers on your Windows or MAC computer. These drivers are necessary for your computer to recognize your OnePlus device.
- Install the ADB Fastboot tool on your PC. This tool allows you to communicate with your device during the firmware flashing process.
- Charge your OnePlus Open’s battery to at least 60% to avoid any interruptions during the firmware installation.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without rooting to ensure that you don’t lose any important files.
Disclaimer: Flashing the stock firmware involves risks, and it’s essential to proceed with caution. Make sure to take a backup of your device data and follow the instructions carefully. We are not responsible for any damage or errors that may occur during or after the firmware flashing process.
Now, let’s proceed with the firmware installation methods for your OnePlus Open:
First Method: Local Upgrade
- Download the firmware OTA zip file for your OnePlus Open model from a reliable source and move it to the internal storage of your device.
- On your OnePlus Open, go to Settings > System Updates.
- Tap on the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen to access additional options.
- Select the Local Upgrade option.
- Browse and select the firmware file you downloaded in step 1.
- A pop-up screen will appear, asking if you want to upgrade your device. Tap on Upgrade Now to proceed.
- Your device will automatically reboot and flash the OTA file using the Stock Recovery.
- Once the installation is complete, your device will boot into the new system.
- Turn off your OnePlus Open, then press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds to enter recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, navigate to Wipe data and cache and select Erase everything.
- Wait for the process to complete, then reboot your device.
- Congratulations! You have successfully installed the stock firmware on your OnePlus Open using the local upgrade method.
Second Method: Fastboot Method
The Fastboot method allows you to flash individual firmware components using Fastboot commands. Here are the steps to follow:
- Download the specific firmware files for your OnePlus Open model from a reliable source.
- Extract the downloaded firmware files to a folder on your computer.
- Open a command prompt or terminal window on your PC.
- Connect your OnePlus Open to your computer using a USB cable.
- Boot your device into Fastboot mode. To do this, power off your device, then press and hold the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously until the Fastboot mode screen appears.
- In the command prompt or terminal window, navigate to the folder where you extracted the firmware files.
- Enter the following Fastboot commands in the command prompt or terminal window to flash each firmware component:
fastboot flash boot boot.imgfastboot flash dtbo dtbo.imgfastboot flash modem modem.imgfastboot flash recovery recovery.imgfastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.imgfastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.imgfastboot reboot fastbootfastboot flash abl abl.imgfastboot flash aop aop.imgfastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.imgfastboot flash devcfg devcfg.imgfastboot flash dsp dsp.imgfastboot flash featenabler featenabler.imgfastboot flash hyp hyp.imgfastboot flash imagefv imagefv.imgfastboot flash keymaster keymaster.imgfastboot flash logo logo.imgfastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.imgfastboot flash odm odm.imgfastboot flash qupfw qupfw.imgfastboot flash storsec storsec.imgfastboot flash tz tz.imgfastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.imgfastboot flash xbl xbl.imgfastboot flash xbl_config xbl_config.imgfastboot flash system system.imgfastboot flash vendor vendor.imgfastboot flash product product.imgfastboot reboot
- Wait for each command to execute and complete the flashing process.
- Once all the firmware components are flashed, your device will automatically reboot.
- Congratulations! You have successfully installed the stock firmware on your OnePlus Open using the Fastboot method.
With these methods, you can easily install the stock firmware on your OnePlus Open and enjoy a fresh, stable, and optimized user experience. If you have any queries or need further assistance, feel free to leave a comment below. Happy flashing!