It can be frustrating when you’re on a call with your iPhone X and the person on the other end can’t hear you clearly. Communication is essential, and having a glitch that hinders your ability to communicate properly can be quite annoying. If you’re experiencing this issue with your iPhone X, don’t worry. In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive list of tips and solutions to help you resolve this problem. These tips can also be applied to other iOS devices such as iPhone 14, iPhone 11, iPhone 8, and more.
Fix the Problem via a Third-Party Tool without Data Loss
If the issue persists even after trying basic troubleshooting steps, you may need to resort to a third-party tool to fix the problem. One highly recommended tool is iMyFone Fixppo. This powerful iOS system repair tool is designed to fix all iOS issues and has three different modes: “Standard Mode,” “Advanced Mode,” and “Exit Recovery Mode.” The “Standard Mode” is the most commonly used mode and can fix most iOS issues without any data loss. It is compatible with all iOS devices and versions.
Here’s how you can use iMyFone Fixppo to fix the problem:
- Download iMyFone Fixppo on your PC and open it.
- Connect your iPhone X to the PC and choose “Standard Mode.”
- Click on “Start” and put your device into DFU mode or Recovery mode.
- The program will detect your device and provide you with the latest firmware. Click on “Download” to proceed.
- After the firmware is downloaded, click on “Start” to begin the repair process.
- Wait for the program to fix the problem. This should take just a few minutes.
“iMyFone Fixppo is a reliable iOS system repair tool that has been recommended by many famous media sites. It can effectively fix various system issues on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Whether you’re facing problems like being stuck in recovery mode, having a black screen, or experiencing restarting loops, iMyFone Fixppo can help you resolve them without any data loss.”
Other Basic Ways to Fix This Problem
If you prefer to try some basic troubleshooting steps before using a third-party tool, here are some common solutions that may help resolve the issue. Please note that the success rate of these methods may vary.
Check iPhone Case
The first thing you should check when callers can’t hear you on your iPhone X is the iPhone case. Sometimes, the case can block the microphone or even the receiver, which can result in muffled or no sound during calls. Try removing the case and making a call to see if the issue is resolved.
Disable Phone Noise Cancellation
If people still can’t hear you clearly on your iPhone X, check if you have enabled Phone Noise Cancellation in your settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone X.
- Scroll down and tap on Accessibility.
- Tap on Phone Noise Cancellation.
- If the option is toggled on, turn it off.
Disabling Phone Noise Cancellation can help improve the audio quality during calls and ensure that the person on the other end can hear you more clearly.
Check If iPhone Is in Headphone Mode
If disabling Phone Noise Cancellation doesn’t solve the issue, you should check if your iPhone X is in headphone mode. Sometimes, the device may not recognize that headphones have been disconnected, which can cause audio issues during calls. Here’s what you can do:
- Remove any debris or gunk from the audio jacks, such as the microphone or receiver.
- Plug in and quickly unplug your headphones several times to ensure that the device detects the disconnection properly.
- If you’re using an adapter, plug it in and unplug it as well.
If your voice still can’t be heard clearly on calls, the next step is to inspect the receiver. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Voice Memos app on your iPhone X.
- Record a short audio clip.
- Tap on the speaker icon to play the recorded clip on speaker mode.
- Listen to the clip through the receiver of your device.
If the sound is normal without any crackling noises, then the receiver is not the issue. In this case, there may be other factors affecting the audio quality, such as carrier network problems.
Turn off Bluetooth
If the receiver is working fine and callers still can’t hear you clearly, it’s worth checking your Bluetooth connections. Sometimes, having Bluetooth enabled can interfere with the audio during calls. To turn off Bluetooth, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone X.
- Scroll down and tap on Bluetooth.
- Toggle off the switch next to Bluetooth to disable it.
Hard Restart iPhone X
If none of the previous steps have resolved the issue, performing a hard reset on your iPhone X may help. The steps for a hard reset on the iPhone X are slightly different from earlier models. Here’s how you can do it:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Performing a hard restart can sometimes resolve software-related issues that may be affecting the audio during calls.
Experiencing audio issues during calls can be frustrating, but with the right troubleshooting steps, you can resolve the problem. In this article, we have provided you with a comprehensive list of tips and solutions to help you fix the issue of callers not being able to hear you on your iPhone X. From using a third-party tool like iMyFone Fixppo to trying basic troubleshooting steps like checking the iPhone case and disabling Phone Noise Cancellation, there are various options available to address the problem. By following these tips, you can ensure clear and uninterrupted communication on your iPhone X.