To all the gamers out there, Raise your game with the new PS5 DualSense controller on your iPhone. Yes! Apple’s latest update has provided support to Sony’s DualSense controller. This has enabled iPhone users to play iPhone games using the next-gen console joypads.
- Haptics – The dual sense features enhanced rumbling that does not just shake the whole controller but can pinpoint sensations in different places on the gamepad.
- The adaptive triggers – The triggers on the dual sense can change their tension depending on the situation to make using them feel more realistic.
- The motion sensors – It makes what you’re doing with the controller match with what you are seeing on screen a little more closely, giving you the real experience of gaming.
The DualSense also includes some older features from past PlayStation controllers, such as
- The big touchpad,
- The gyroscope that lets you tilt and move the dual sense to control certain things.
- The microphone and speaker which make talking to your party a little easier.
- The speaker is pretty great when used with the haptics since the small sounds of walking on metal or sand help your brain make sense of what you’re feeling with the controller.
The old controller features combined with the new ones to create some fresh experiences. Astros’ playroom shows off just how cool the DualSense can be. (If you wonder what Astros playroom is, then you can find the details of it under the heading ‘How it works’ > below the steps)
Follow the steps mentioned below to pair the new PS5 DualSense Controller to your iPhone:
- First of all, make sure that your iPhone is running on the latest software, which is iOS 14.5 at least. (if you do not know how to update your device, all you need to do is go into settings > general > software update and update it to at least iOS14.5)
- Now you need to put your DualSense controller into pairing mode. To do so, you need to press and hold the PS icon and share button at the top left until you see a flashing blue light.
- On your iPhone, go to ‘settings’ and open Bluetooth. You will see a DualSense controller is now available to be connected. Tap onto it, and it’s now connected.
- Once it is connected, the light will change on the controller.
One cool thing about the latest iOS is the ability to change or customize the buttons on your DualSense controller. To do this, go to Settings > General > Game Controller > and you will see a controller there. There is an option at the bottom which says, ‘identify controller’ this will activate the haptic engine to give you the haptic feedback. Now, if you tap on it, it makes the controller vibrate a bit.
Now you can customize it. It can be such as change the name of the controller; you can turn on haptic feedback. You can capture a screenshot, and also, you can customize each button to something else as per your requirement.
How it works:
Now, if you want to know how does the new PS5 DualSense controller performs, then you definitely should try Astros playroom. Astros playroom is a 3D platformer which is published by Sony Interface Entertainment for the PS 5. It is installed on the console and serves as a free demo for the new DualSense controller.
If you pair an iPhone with the DualSense controller, the haptic feedback is not doing anything at this moment, besides identifying the controller feature. So, it may be up to the developer to add in that haptic within the game or the model of the iPhone. Maybe they will support you in the future, or you have to subscribe to apple arcade to get those features. But all the new iPhones can do the haptic feedback on the DualSense controller.
Connecting the controller to your iPhone is a cakewalk when you follow the steps mentioned above. We hope with the help of this information, you will be able to know how to connect with your iPhone, the PS5 Dual Sense, as it is one of the most innovative and interesting controllers of recent time. So, experience it and make the best use. Victory is in having done your best. If you’ve done your best, you’ve won. Happy gaming!
Experiencing difficulties with your Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.