How to add arrows to pictures is one of the most important features a mobile phone or a PC user must know. It is a process of editing pictures, especially when details are to be made known in pictures or you need to pass information in a picture across to someone else.
To add arrows to pictures would be of great help to a person searching for a specific item in a picture that contains several other items or some sort of information. Adding arrows to pictures effectively depends on if it is done properly and with the right tool, to this effect, we will be looking at how to add arrows to pictures on your smartphone, Windows PC and Mac PC.
How to add arrows to the pictures on Smartphones
To add arrows to the pictures on your smartphone, a third-party picture editing app would have to be downloaded. There are a series of apps that can do this, but the most effective ones would be considered here.
Snap Markup: Photo, Image, Picture markup tool
This is an app that can be used to add arrows to pictures effectively on Android smartphones. To add an arrow to a picture using the app, follow the steps discussed below for your convenience:
- Download and install the app from your phone app store.
- Once downloaded and installed launch Snap Markup and select the picture that you want to add an arrow to.
- Swipe the annotation options at the bottom of the app interface until you locate the arrow tool and then select by tapping on it.
- On selecting the arrow, it appears on the screen, moves it to the particular point you want it to be placed in the picture. If you need to add more than one arrow to the picture, you can select another arrow and place it wherever you desire in the picture.
- You can increase the size of the arrow and also give it another color if you want.
- When you are done adding the arrow to the picture, tap the check-mark arrow at the top-right corner of the screen to save the picture.
Screen Master: screenshot and photo markup
This is one of the most popular apps that enables several picture annotations such as adding arrows to pictures. Screen Master is a free app that can be downloaded on the play store to add an arrow to a picture. Using Screen Master, you can add arrows to the pictures through the following steps discussed below for you:
- Launch the Screen Master app that has been installed on your phone. Click on the Markup Photo located at the bottom of the app interface.
- Select the picture that you want to add an arrow to from your phone media.
- After the picture is now on the app’s interface, select the Draw Tool (having a paintbrush icon) from the toolbar located at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the tool with the arrow icon under the Draw Tool option, change the size and color of the arrow using the color palette tool.
- Finally, make an impression at the point you want the arrow to be located in the picture to make the arrow visible.
- Tap the check-mark icon at the bottom of the screen to save your picture.
This app launches automatically whenever you take a screenshot. With this app, you can easily edit the screenshots, as well as edit the old images. The app offers some really good markup features such as draw, crop image, add text, and add arrows, box, circle, and much more.
You can also make your image or image’s background blur with this app.
Screenshot snap free
The app is all amazing with all the annotation tools but sucks when it comes to the user interface. The user interface is weird and scratchy to use but overall the app is good.
Picsart photo studio
Picsart photo studio is a well-known collage maker and a photo editor. You can add text to your pictures and draw on them as well. The app allows its users to do a lot rather than just providing them with simple markup features.
Photo INK: Mark, Sign, and draw
This app is a simple markup tool that enables you to write on pictures, change their type, size, and color. The tool does not support any shapes but you can always draw them manually.
How to Add Arrows to Pictures on Windows and Mac PC
Microsoft Paint is an in-built picture editing software that is available on Windows PC. Arrows can be added to pictures on Microsoft Paint through the following procedures discussed below for you.
- Open the Microsoft Paint on your PC by searching for it using the start menu search box. On the Microsoft Paint windows, click on the File menu, then click on Open or using Ctrl+O to open the picture that is to be edited.
- Select the desired color for the arrow from the color palette.
- Navigate the cursor to the Shapes and select the Arrow tool under it.
- Place the cursor fixed at the point where the arrow’s base is to be located, while holding down the left-click button, drag the cursor towards the particular image(s) you want to give details to and finally release the button to add the arrow over the image in the picture.
- Save the picture by using the Ctrl+S keys or by clicking on the drop-down menu at the top-left corner of the screen and locate Save.
CloudApp Image Annotation Tool
This is an online tool that can be used for adding arrows to pictures, it is compatible with Windows and Mac PCs. To add arrows to pictures on your Windows PC using CloudApp, download the Windows app or Mac app from getcloudapp.com, upload the picture to the app, and select the annotation tool from the menu. Select the Arrow tool from the editing options in the annotation tool menu, select the color of the arrow, add the arrow to the intended portion/part of the picture, and save the picture.
This is also an online tool that is compatible with Windows and Mac PC that enables picture editing such as adding arrows to pictures. Using the tool doesn’t require any form of registration before saving the picture you edited. You can consider these steps discussed below to add arrows to the pictures using Szoter.
- Open Szoter official website on your browser and click on Launch Editor (NB: To launch the editor, you must have Java and Adobe Flash Player installed on your PC)
- Open and load the image you want to edit on Szoter.
- After loading the image, select the Arrow Tool from the toolbar. Choose the thickness of the arrow by using the Change Size Tool, change the color of the arrow by using the color palette at the extreme right of the editor.
- Add the arrow to the picture by dragging the cursor while the left-click button is being held and release it just before the targeted portion in the picture.
- Save the picture by clicking on the Save Icon.
Mac Preview App
This app is native to a Mac PC and can also be used to add arrows to pictures on your Mac PC. Adding arrows to pictures using the Mac Preview app can be carried out by following the steps discussed below for your convenience.
- Open the Preview app from the Applications on your Mac PC.
- Open and load the picture you want to add an arrow to on the Preview interface.
- Click on the small arrow or line icon under the toolbar and select the Arrow tool from the drop-down menu, adjust its size, and change its color if needed.
- Click on the spot you want the arrow to be located, hold and drag the arrow until it is at the right spot you want it to be in the picture.
- Save the picture when you are done adding the arrow.
It is one of the best software for editing pictures and adding arrows to the image. It can be used on both Windows and Mac operating systems. With the help of this software, you can add annotations, shapes, and even sketch on your picture.
The software has a really good user interface, so you won’t suffer in navigating through the software and will get the work done quickly.
These were some of the software and apps that can be downloaded and installed on your Android devices and Windows and Mac operating systems to add arrows on the pictures easily and quickly.
There are many other software and apps on the market that you can use such as LongShot for long screenshot and Long Screenshot: Stitch multiple screenshots. These two applications can be used on your Android devices for editing your screenshots.
I hope the information provided in this article were useful.
Experiencing difficulties with your Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.