Ultrawide monitors have become one of the great emerging devices in the global peripheral market. These 21:9 format monitors have allowed millions of people to watch their movies with the same quality of movie theaters. Thanks to its greater vertical viewing space, it´s possible to see a bigger number of open windows, and improve the field of vision in video games. Take full advantage of the curved screen. The most widespread native resolutions are 2560 x 1080 or 3440 x 1440.
However, what are the cheapest models with the best value for money at our disposal? Where can we buy them? Is it better to go to a physical market or buy them online?
In most cases, it´s best to use Amazon for this work. It is quite comfortable, safe and with affordable prices. If you don’t like Amazon, you can use eBay without the slightest problem, which has the most advantages of Amazon. You can subscribe to our newsletter if you want to be aware of the latest news and sales in the ultrawide market.
In our opinion, we consider that some of the mid-range ultrawide monitors with the best value for money are the following:
1) LG 29UM59A-P: this model it´s available on Amazon for only 229 $. It has a resolution of 2560 x 1080, a depth of 64mm and weighs 4.7 kg, in addition to having an HDMI port. Its size is 29 inches, with a diagonal of 73 cm and a height of 28.38 cm. Its response time is 5 milliseconds and has an modern IPS panel. It also has an LCD screen with 250 cd/m2 brightness and it´s made of black metal, with a 3H matte finish. Its refresh rate is very good: from 40 Hz to 75 Hz and includes LG reading mode. Among its disadvantages, it doesn´t offer a USB port.
2) LG 29UM69G-B: it costs only 260 $ on Amazon. It has a resolution of 2560 x 1080, and a diagonal of 25 inches. It weighs 5 kg. It has a size of 29 inches, excellent LED lighting technology (which guarantees efficient energy consumption), and includes HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2 and USB 3.0 Type-C ports. It has a width of 67 cm by a height of 28 cm. Its matrix is IPS type and includes FRC. It has a minimum response time of 5 ms, but its average time is 14 ms. Its refresh rate is 40 Hz to 75 Hz. It´s black color with a matt finish. Among its disadvantages, it doesn´t support 4K UHD resolutions.
3) Scepter C3505B-200UN: this is the ultra-panoramic curved model of this list, the best offer you can find in this niche of curved monitors. For only 255 dollars at Amazon, Specter offers us a modern curved monitor, made of black metal, with an accuracy of 1800R, a resolution of 2560 x 1080 pixels, 30 inches in size and a weight of 5.51 kg. It has a width of 40.89 cm by a height of 18.80 cm, and uses a VA panel instead of an IPS panel with more colors, so you won´t have such a good color quality. The Scepter 3505B only covers 90% of the sRGB color space. However, this model stands out by offering a fast refresh rate of 200 Hz, being compatible with AMD FreeSync, which is ideal for gaming. We have DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 ports, as well as a headphone jack and two integrated 3W speakers, although it doesn´t include USB ports. Ideal for its value for money.
4) LG 34UM69G-B: it is the 34-inch variant of the 29UM69G-B model that we just reviewed. Obviously, it has a higher price, with a 377 $ value on Amazon. It has a resolution of 2580 x 1080 and a diagonal of 86.36 centimeters. Its matrix is type AH-IPS. It weighs 6.4 kilograms, with a width of 80 cm by a height of 33.5 cm. It offers excellent W-LED backlight, with 250 cd/m2 brightness. It has a minimum response time of 5 ms and an average time of 14 ms, although thanks to MBR it offers a virtual response time of only 1 millisecond. It has a size of 86 centimeters. It is black with 3H matte finish. Its refresh rate is 40 Hz – 75 Hz. Includes USB Type-C, HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.2 ports, in addition to an HDMI cable.
5) ASUS MX299Q: most of the models on this list have been LG, but nevertheless other companies aren´t far behind in the race to get affordable ultrawide monitors. In this case, we should talk about the ASUS MX299Q. It could seems a somewhat old model, but it´s very good. For only 351 $ on Amazon, you will have a model with a refresh rate of 50 Hz to 61 Hz, a size of 29 inches (exactly 28.75 inches), and a 73 cm diagonal. It includes an AH-IPS type panel and good W-LED feedback, with 300 cd/m2 brightness. It has a width of 67.28 cm by a height of 28.38 cm. It´s made from black metal, with a matte finish. It has a minimum response time of 5 ms and an average time of 10 ms, which exceeds the already reviewed LG models. It includes an HDMI 1.4 (MHL) port, a DisplayPort 1.2 port, and a DVI-D Dual Link port, in addition to HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI-D and MHL cables. Unfortunately it lacks USB ports.
In summary, we recommend choosing what you want most, but always looking at your budget to see if it´s possible for you to pay without much sacrifice the ultra-panoramic monitor that you want so much. That is why it´s important to look closely at the technical characteristics of each model before choosing.
Other Technical Reviews:- Reviews