Are you looking for a wifi Router for your house or office? Congratulation, you are in the right place. In this article, I will unveil the three best wifi routers in 2021. Finding a “Great” router is a technical and challenging job; sometimes, the tips and tricks in the wifi world do not work. This article will save you time and money because after researching online and spending hours testing these wifi routers, I have shortlisted the top 3 routers you can buy right now.
First, know about the technologies that the best wifi router should have.
WIFI 6 Technology
What is wifi six you may ask, and how is it better than your old wifi five routers? The simple answer is that this is new wifi technology offers faster speeds (Max 9.6 Gbps) and more bandwidth for a dozen devices to connect at once. Remember, we have come so far from Wifi-1 that was released in 1999, to Wifi-6, with thousands of improvements in technology.
Better Performance in Crowded Areas
Yes, this is the crucial feature of the new wifi six technology. Usually, the wifi goes down when you’re in a crowded place with many Wi-FI signals around. Even at home, you see multiple connections appear. Think about a stadium, mall, hotel, airport, or even a crowded office with everyone connected to different wifi streams. You’re probably going to have slow wifi because of a scientific phenomena called “Interference” especially if the signals are operating within the same channel. The best wifi router comes with the solution to such a problem and works perfectly even in crowded areas.
Now it is time to conclude the three best wifi routers.
The Netgear Nighthawk AX8 is the best wifi routers you can buy right now. Although it is a little pricey, it pays off. Netgear Nighthawk AX8 is on the top of the list because it has everything perfect, like design, Coverage, Speed, and Security (Malware Apps included).
With The Netgear Nighthawk AX8, stream everything at epic speed, Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls, or download/transfer files at 6Gbps wifi speed; Works with existing and new wifi six devices like Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy S10, and iPhone 11. This best wifi router for those who love to play HD online games.
- Speed: transfer files at 6Gbps wifi speed.
- WORKING COMPATIBILITY: Works with all internet providers, Compatible with any Internet Service Provider including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL, and more.
- EASY TO SET-UP: Nighthawk app makes it super easy to connect your new router with the existing network. You can also set up your Nighthawk in a blink with a mobile App. Simply plug the existing network cable.
- SMART PARENTAL CONTROLS: No more worries about the internet usage of children. Netgear Nighthawk AX8 comes with a parental control feature, Control internet access through pause or schedule device settings, have an eye on internet browsing history, filter websites, set limit on connectivity, and more for $4.99/month with a 30-day free trial.
TP-Link is the well know name in routers manufacturing. It offers a wide range of routers with different specifications; here, I chose one of the best from the TP-Link showcase. TP-Link Archer AX6000 is a little expensive than the Netgear router. Its unique and modern design inspires me the most. It comes with eight antennas and a lit central logo plus LED alert lights. TP-Link Archer AX6000 is not only a wireless router. It is built for wired connections with eight wired LAN Ethernet ports and a rather impressive 2.5-gigabit WAN. It is expensive, but you will get what you pay for, and that’s a high transfer rate and Performance.
- Speed: AX6000 Dual-Band wifi router delivers super fast 5.95 Gbps wireless speed
- Long Range wifi Coverage: 8 high-gain external antennas deliver a robust wifi signal throughout your home. It eliminates signal interference from neighbors’ through BSS Color technology and ensures smooth and stable connectivity 24/7. Moreover, it is featured with beamforming and Rangeboost to deliver a more robust and far-reaching network.
- Powerful Processing: Quad-Core 1.8 GHz CPU and two co-processors ensure stable Performance
- Ultra-Connectivity: 1*2.5Gbps WAN port, 8* Gigabit LAN ports, and a couple of × USB 3.0 of A & C type.
- Advanced security: Backed with TP-Link Homecare featuring next-level antivirus for a free lifetime subscription. So your network and connected devices are protected for a lifetime without paying an extra subscription fee. This TP-Link Homecare is featured with robust parental controls and QoS.
- Compatibility: Compatible with existing wifi devices and new wifi six devices like Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy S10, iPhone 11 series.
Google, No doubt a big name in the technology world. The 3rd on this list is the best wifi router by Google. Google Nest wifi router secures its 3rd place in this article because of its mesh network capable system that includes a complete voice-controlled smart speaker in the satellite units. Comprehensive coverage of up to 4400 square feet. It replaces your traditional router by providing reliable wifi coverage throughout your home or office. Nest wifi routers are voice-controlled through Google Assistant, so you can control supported connected devices, play music, and more.
This Nest wifi Router is strong enough to support 200 devices at a time and fast enough to stream multiple 4K videos at a time. Featured with Ethernet ports and gets automatic updates to stay safe and sound. A few steps procedure to share the password with guests and visitors.
Speed: It is a little slower than the previous two. Data Transfer Rate is 2.2 Gbps, good enough for everyday household gadgets.
High Numbers of Connection: Nest wifi routers are strong enough to handle up to 200 connected devices and fast enough to stream multiple 4K videos at a time. Voice Control, Google Assistant: It also has speakers with google assistant.
Easy to set up and better user control: Mobile app makes it easy to set up Google Nest wifi. With this App, it is Easily to create a guest network and sharing of passwords in a few taps. Decide which devices prioritize faster speeds and use parental controls to manage online time for the kids.
Add Router To Get More: A Nest wifi router pair covers up to 4400 square feet, and you can always add routers if you need more.
Comparison at One glance:
|Product||Wifi-6||Frequency||Max data rate||Ethernet ports||Processor||Security||Price|
|NETGEAR Nighthawk 8||Capable||5 GHz||6 Gbps||5 Ethernet ports||1.8GHz quad-core||Paid security by BITDEFENDER||About $390|
|TP-Link Archer AX6000||Capable||5 GHz||5.95 Gbps||8 Ethernet ports||1.8GHz quad-core||Free Security by Trend MicroTM||About $279|
|Google Nest Wifi||Capable||5 GHz||2.2 Gbps||2 Ethernet ports||1.4 GHz Quad-core||secured by Transport Layer Security (TLS)||About $93|
Other Product Guides:- Best