Google today released the fourth and last beta version of Android 13, letting developers check all the functions and test their apps for the future.
Google also confirmed that we’re just a few weeks away from the official launch of Android 13, so it’s asking developers to ready their apps, SDKs, libraries, etc., accordingly to ensure a smooth experience for the users who update to Android 13.
Android 13 Beta 4 Update
After three beta updates containing minimal features and bug fixes, Google is now rolling out the fourth and also the last beta of Android 13 today. While it’s known that interested developers should have Pixel phones to try it, Google confirmed that it’s launching the new OS officially soon.
Noting that we’re just a few weeks away from it, Google thanked the dev community for providing it with appropriate feedback all this time.
“You’ve given us thousands of bug reports and shared insights that have helped us optimize APIs, improve features, fix significant bugs, and in general make the platform better for users and developers.”
Further, it urged developers to release their “candidate build for final testing” following Platform Stability last month with API Level 33. Also, prepare their apps, SDKs, libraries, tools, and game engines with appropriate updates to ensure a smooth experience for users later on.
Here are the changes that Google made in the Android 13 Beta 4 update;
- Fixed an issue where on some devices, paired Bluetooth devices could be observed to rapidly connect and disconnect from the device.
- Fixed an issue where the Google Camera app occasionally crashed on Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro devices.
- Fixed an issue where, when a user checks for system updates by navigating to Settings > System > System update, the system incorrectly reported Android 12 as the device’s Android version, even when the device was already successfully updated to an Android 13 build. [Note: Also fixed in Beta 3.3]
- Fixed an issue on Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro devices where the Now Playing page sometimes got stuck on Downloading song database.
If you’re interested in trying this out, here are the relevant factory images and OTA images for Android 13 Beta 4, as listed by 9to5Google;
- Pixel 6 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a (5G): Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4 XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4: Factory Image — OTA
It comes with the version number TPB4.220624.005 and is available to users via the July security patch or through OTA soon.
Other Trending News:- News