Underneath we’ll get into a portion of the arrangements on Ways To Fix The Non-Recognition Of Huawei P10 In Windows 10.
If your PC not recognizing the Android phone, it becomes frustrating when there are some important files that you have to copy from your phone to your PC or when transferring files from phone to PC because of lack of storage facilities.
There are many people who face the problem of Huawei p10 does not recognize Windows 10. Here are a few solutions that can help to get rid of this technical issue:
Solutions To Fix The Non-Recognition Of Huawei P10 In Windows 10
Try unplugging and replugging the device
This is one of the most common ways to recognize a device on the PC. If the cable is not connected securely to the USB port, the device doesn’t get recognized by the Windows 10 PC.
Try using different USB cables
If a USB cable has some problem of a disconnected wire or something similar, it won’t connect the Huawei p10 device to the PC. If changing the USB cables recognizes the Huawei p10 smartphone on the Windows 10 PC, then the problem lies in the USB cable.
Restart your smartphone as well PC
If the Windows 10 PC doesn’t recognize Huawei p10, then it is best to restart both the devices. This helps in setting things right and the phone recovers quickly and is recognized by the PC.
The above-mentioned problems are issues with the hardware. In many cases, the software of e Windows 10 does not allow to recognize the device. Follow the forthcoming steps to recognize Huawei p10 in your Windows 10 PC:
Try debugging the Huawei p10 USB driver
This can be a crucial step in connecting your Huawei p10 and your Windows 10 PC. Here is how it works:
- Go to Settings > About phone in the Settings menu of your Huawei p10
- Scrolling down the menu will bring you to an option ‘Build number’.
- Tap on the above-mentioned option several times until you get a message stating ‘You are now a developer’
- Go back to the Settings menu
- Now, go to Settings > Developer options on your Huawei p10
- Turn the slider to the right to enable that feature
- Tick the option of USB debugging
- Click ‘Ok’ to allow USB debugging.
This enables the Windows 10 PC to recognize your Huawei p10 smartphone and allows the smooth transition of files between the devices.
Check if the necessary USB drivers are installed in your Windows 10 PC
If the necessary USB drivers are not installed your PC, then it might become a problem for it to recognize the device. To ensure that the USB drivers for the Huawei p10 are installed, follow the given instructions:
- Download the Huawei p10 USB driver software on your Windows 10 PC and connect the device.
- Once you connect your device to the PC via USB, open windows explorer
- Go to Windows Explorer > Computer Management
- Select Device Manager from the left pane of Computer Management
- Locate and expand ‘Potable devices’ or ‘Other devices’ in the right pane in the given options
- Right-click on the name of your Huawei p10 and select ‘Update Driver Software’
- Browse your PC for the Huawei p10 USB driver software and install it.
Now that the USB drivers are installed, you have to follow a few additional steps to ensure a smooth transition of files:
- Download Huawei HiSuite. Once it’s downloaded, install it on your Windows 10 PC.
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. (If it is already connected then this step can be omitted.)
- After the Windows 10 PC recognizes your device, it will install necessary driver files.
- Open ‘My Computer’ or ‘This PC’ > Huawei p10 and start transferring files.
There are some other alternatives such as connecting the devices through Bluetooth or any wireless networks. These solutions are sure to recognize your Huawei device on your Windows 10 PC and facilitate smoother and faster transmission of files from one device to another.
Check out our “How To” page on how to resolve other issues.