Android 9.0 Pie is the latest version of Android operating system with the best UI. It provides more enhancements, encouraging the creation of customising the themes for base. If you have already updated your phone to Android 9.0 Pie or planning for the same, then here are some impressive features of Android Pie for you.
List of top best 9.0 Pie features
Adaptive Battery and Brightness
There is adaptive battery feature that does not let consumption of battery by the apps which are not utilized often. The brightness of your phone also gets regulated automatically according to the apps and environment.
Navigate to Settings > Battery and then Adaptive battery to activate this feature.
The App Action
With App Actions, you can easily initiate the required tasks by speculating what you want. Moreover, when you plug in your headphones, your App Action gets ready with your most up to date playlist.
Digital Wellbeing & Time to Wind Down feature
This is one of the largely attention-seizing features which is made by Google to assist you to view and track the utilization of phone and apps used more frequently.
Time to Wind Down feature turns your screen black and white, giving you a visual clue to stop using the phone and draining the visual fun along with the color.
New Accessibility Menu
Till now, we were not able to easily access the functionalities of Android. But with new Accessibility Menu in Android 9.0 Pie, it has become very easy to access the frequent functions for users who call for assistance. You can enable this menu by going to-
Settings> Accessibility > Accessibility Menu
This feature enables you to have a shortcut to many keys like volume, latest apps, Settings, etc.
Smart Screenshot Shortcut
Pressing Power + Volume down button collectively to get a screenshot seem to be quite awkward. Now, you can have a screenshot just by pressing Power menu.
Upgraded Security Features
There are undoubtedly many interesting security features from which the most attractive features are:
- HTTPS is default for apps- This means Android 9.0 Pie leads to a secured data using LTD encryption, which is not tamperable.
- Lock Down Mode- By going to Settings > Security > Lock screen preferences, you can disable less secure authentication methods like fingerprint scanning, smart lock, etc. Only way left to unlock your phone is through PIN, gesture, pattern, or passcode.
- Background apps won’t have access to microphone and camera. When the apps are in idle state, they are not allowed to access the microphone as well as camera.
- Alert tone is played when your call is getting taped. Android 9.0 Pie plays a tone every 15 seconds to make the users alert for their call being taped.
Automatic Screen Rotation & Volume Pop-Up
Android 9.0 Pie automatically adjusts your screen orientation on the basis of how it is aligned ( landscape or portrait ) and it can be locked for the time you are using it. On the other hand, the volume pop-up button will now only be controlling media volume as well as choice of ringing sound mode for notifications.
In Android 9.0 Pie, you can go to
Settings > Apps & Notifications > Notifications
And then you can easily keep the track of the notifications of apps.
Redesigned On-Screen Navigation Bar
You can swipe the standard Back, Home and Recent options by swiping rather than tapping on them. Swiping up the Home button twice will open your application drawer. Recent option will give you an overview in horizontal layout rather than vertical.
Magnifier Display and terrific Camera
Magnifier Display has been added according to which when any particular text is highlighted, Android 9.0 Pie will offer access to related apps. Android 9.0 Pie also enables you to access multiple cameras at one time.
Want to update your phone with the new version?
For updation of your old Android OS version, you need to navigate to
Settings > About Phone > System Update.
Once your phone shows the available package, tap on continue to download and install the package. After rebooting, your phone will be updated to Android 9.0 Pie automatically.
Android 9.0 Pie is the most advanced version with plentiful features and UI, but still there are some loopholes found.
- A lot of features that Google advertised are currently not available. We expect them to be launched
- There are also some issues found in network settings. Going to
Settings> Backup & Reset the Network Settings
can possibly delete your saved Wi-Fi passwords and Bluetooth settings also.
- Activating Sleep Standby Optimisation may make your apps unable to receive notifications on time.