The video game, themed on professional wrestling, from the year 2022, WWE 2K22, was created by Visual Concepts and released by 2K Sports. It is the ninth game released under the WWE 2K label, the twenty-second overall installment of the WWE-themed video game series and the replacement for WWE 2K20 from 2019. The Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S versions were made available on March 11, 2022. The characters in this game have undergone many changes, including making them more realistic. There have also been improvements to the game’s modes, including GM and Universal. However, many gamers are having trouble with the WWE 2K22 crashing issue on PS4 and PS5 consoles.
Now, if you experience the same problem during the startup of the game or whilst playing, follow this troubleshooting guide to fix the problem completely. The fact that games are too buggy and full of errors, such as server errors, crashes, black screen problems, graphic glitches, lags, stutters, frame drops, etc., is something we cannot deny. It is anticipated that there may also be server-related problems.
What is WWE 2K22?
WWE 2K22 is a 2022 professional wrestling sports video game developed by Visual Concepts and published by 2K Sports. To provide a realistic wrestling simulation experience for everyone, the WWE 2K franchise has dedicated itself to breaking down barriers and turning tables. Despite other changes, the commitment to extremely realistic gameplay has mostly stayed the same since the game’s initial release.
The action is unrestrained when using all of WWE 2K’s features. Every slam, grapple, and punch can be felt no matter where you play, whether you’re controlling your favorite modern Superstars or reliving legendary moments with WWE’s biggest Legends.
Enter MyRISE and set out on your very own adventure to fulfill your WWE dreams and rise through the ranks to Wrestlemania stardom. Create a faction of champion-caliber Superstars by gathering and assembling them. In the Creation Suite, let your imagination run wild. Manage a roster that will steal the show in MyGM and turn the WWE into a spectacle and go back in time with the 2K Showcase, a special way to watch matches from your favorite Superstars that defined their careers.
WWE 2K gives you more opportunities to turn your WWE fantasies into reality with a diverse roster of playable professionals, a variety of game modes and match types to select from, and limitless potential in the Creation Suite.
Fix: WWE 2K22 Crashes on Xbox Series X/S, PS4, or PS5 Consoles
Crashes occasionally cause interruptions and mid-game pauses while you are trying to enjoy your WWE 2K22 gameplay. It is crucial to know that your PC could crash or experience some performance issues while playing this cutting-edge wrestling simulation game. This article will cover step-by-step instructions on how to repair the WWE 2K22 crashing issue that happens while playing on your PC, PS5, PS4, or Xbox Series. Let’s get started without any more preamble.
Before attempting any additional workarounds, it is advised to check for system updates on your PlayStation or Xbox console. Multiple problems can occasionally be caused by an old system build or software version.
- On the PlayStation gaming system, select Settings
- Click on System Software Update
- Ensure that you look for any available updates
- To finish the update procedure, adhere to the instructions displayed on screen
- The Dashboard menu will appear when you press the Home button on your Xbox console
- Go down to the menu’s bottom and choose Settings now
- Choose All Settings
- Select System
- and then Updates
- Select Update Console(if accessible)
- Complete the update procedure by following the on-screen instructions
Remove Saved Game Data (PS4/PS5 console)
The PlayStation console may also crash for various reasons if your saved game data is corrupted or missing. We advise you to remove all saved game data from your PS4 or PS5 console. Ensure to create a backup locally or via the PlayStation’s cloud storage just in case you will need this data later on.
- Head to the Settings menu
- And select Storage
- Next, choose Saved Data
- And select WWE 2K22
- Select Options from the controller’s buttons
- Choose (a single or multiple) saved game data files
- To finish the task, select Delete and then Confirm
- After finishing, restart the console to make the changes take effect
On your PlayStation console, all locally saved game information for WWE 2K22 will be erased. This ought to resolve the WWE 2K22 PS4 and PS5 crashing issue.
Rebuild Database (PS4/PS5 console)
Your PlayStation console’s database can be rebuilt to fix any potential problems or errors quickly. To do this:
- First, turn off your console entirely
- Give it two to three minutes to sit idle before removing the power cable from the console
- To automatically clear the system’s cached data, plug in the power cable and turn it on
Check if the WWE 2K22 crashing issue has been resolved. If not, continue with the subsequent steps.
- Turn off your PS5/PS4, but don’t unplug it from the wall.
- Press and hold the console’s power button for seven seconds until you hear two beeps.
- When you hear the second beep, release the button. Your console will boot in Safe Mode.
- Next, grab a USB cable and connect your controller to the console.
- Press the PS button on the controller.
- Use the D-pad to scroll down and select Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- Next, select Rebuild Database.
- Tap OK to begin the process.
Reinstall WWE 2K22
Ensure to uninstall and reinstall WWE 2K22 on your console if the WWE 2K22 crashing issue does not go away. It ought to resolve the problem. Follow the guide:-
For PS4/PS5 console:
- First, head to Settings and select Storage
- Hit Delete after selecting WWE 2K22 from the list
- After deleting the game, download and reinstall it from the PlayStation Store.
For Xbox Series X/S:
- Go to your controller and press the Menu button
- Decide whether to manage apps or games and add-ons
- Choose WWE 2K22 → Choose Uninstall all, Be certain to choose Uninstall all
- Remain patient while the uninstallation is being performed
- Restart your Xbox
- Once more, bringing up the Guide menu, press the Xbox button on the controller.
- Select My games & apps → Select See all → Navigate to Games
- Go to the Ready to Install tab
- Select Install for WWE 2K22
- Restart the console after the installation is finished
This method should assist you in resolving the WWE 2K22 crashing issue on PS4 and PS5 consoles.
Reset the Console
Try performing a console factory reset if none of the suggestions worked for you.
For PlayStation console:
- On the PlayStation gaming system, select Settings
- Choose the ‘Initialization’ tab
- Next, choose either ‘Initialize PS4’ or ‘Initialize PS5’
- Navigate to the next page, then choose ‘Full’
- Your PlayStation 4/5 will begin automatically wiping itself to return to it’s factory default settings
- This procedure could take several hours, depending on how much installed data there is on the storage
- Let the procedure run it’s course. Be sure to restart the console after finishing.
- Access the Guide menu by pressing the Xbox button on the controller
- Select Profile & System and navigate to Settings
- Next, choose System and navigate to Console info
- Select Reset console
- A prompt will appear requesting confirmation to “Reset your console”
- Choose ‘Reset’ to delete everything. This will remove all user data, including all installed apps and games, saved games, settings and accounts. Even though you have the option to reset and keep your apps and games, doing so usually doesn’t fix the problem.
- After the option is selected, your Xbox console deletes the data and your console will be restored back to it’s factory default settings.
- Restart the console after the process is finish.
Contact 2K Support or PlayStation Support
If none of these solutions were successful for you, be sure to contact PlayStation Support or open a ticket with 2K Support so that this problem can be further looked into. It’s always a good idea to open a support ticket so that the developers can look into the issue and try to resolve it as soon as possible.
Experiencing difficulties with your Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.