Sidequest offers a unique virtual reality experience to users by allowing them to access the games and applications that are not available on the Oculus store. It includes all the retro games, several fan-developed VR ports, and Doom. Sidequest also allows users to access the advanced settings option that is not accessible with the usual settings of Quest 2. Sidequest is the best possible option to try to enhance the standard of your virtual reality experience. You just need to connect the Oculus Quest 2 to the Side quest and experience the VR you have never experienced before. If you are one of those users with the SideQuest Not Detecting Quest 2 issue, go through this complete article, as here we have mentioned some probable troubleshooting methods that can help you get rid of the problem.
Many users have reported that they are having problems with their SideQuest on Oculus Quest 2 VR headset. According to them, SideQuest is not detecting or getting connected to Oculus Quest 2, and they have the same issue whenever they try to connect.
Reason behind SideQuest not detecting Quest 2?
There can be several reasons behind this issue. Some of the most probable reasons are mentioned below:-
- This issue can occur if you have not enabled USB debugging on your phone. If it is not turned on, SideQuest cannot detect the Oculus Quest 2.
- If you have not given Sidequest all the necessary permissions, you can encounter this issue. You would need to permit several accesses, such as disabling unlock pattern access, so you don’t have to unlock your device every time you try to access Sidequest.
- You can also encounter this issue if you try accessing an outdated Sidequest version on your phone. An outdated version can cause several issues, including this one. Sidequest will stop detecting other VR headsets at a stage.
- There can also be some issues with your USB port or cable, that’s causing the issue. If your USB port is having problem, it will not be able to detect Quest 2.
- Remember that you must have a fast and stable internet connection when you want to access Sidequest on the Oculus Quest 2. You can encounter this issue if the problem lies with your internet connection.
- If you try to access Sidequest by using a VPN, it can reduce your internet connection speed, leading to connectivity issues.
SideQuest Not Detecting Quest 2 Headset, How to Fix – troubleshooting methods
- Make Sure Developer Mode is Enabled
- Allow USB Debugging
- Disable Unlock Pattern on the Oculus App
- Install ADB Drivers
- Use a Different USB Port/Cable
- Restart SideQuest and Oculus Quest 2
- Reinstall SideQuest
SideQuest Not Detecting Quest 2 Oculus Headset, How to Fix – explained?
We’ve already discussed the possible reasons behind this issue. Now, it’s time to discuss some probable and the most effective troubleshooting methods to help you get rid of the problem so that your VR experience doesn’t get interrupted.
Make Sure that the Developer Mode is Enabled
When you try to set up the Sidequest, you will need to ensure that the developer mode is on. Sometimes, people face connectivity issues because they do not notice that their developer mode is turned off. It is extremely necessary while setting up Sidequest with Oculus Quest 2. Here are the steps to turn on the developer mode:-
- First, you will need to register as a developer (Note– Make sure that you have used the same account to register as a developer that you use on your Quest 2 headset).
- When you create the account, you will be asked for the organization’s name. Here you can put anything you want, as it will not make any difference.
- Once you are done registering as a developer, you can access the developer setting.
- To turn it on, head to the settings on the Oculus app.
- Next, select the more settings option and turn on the developer mode.
- Make sure to reboot your device after turning it on.
Allow USB Debugging
- You’ll need to allow USB debugging to connect with the Sidequest application.
- Once you plug in the USB cable, you can see a dialog box.
- Here you will need to check the box Always allow from this computer option followed by pressing the ok button to confirm the USB debugging.
If you don’t do that, it can cause several kinds of issues, including connectivity problems.
Disable Unlock Pattern on Oculus App
Another thing that you can do is disable the unlock pattern on the Oculus app. Follow the steps for that:-
- First, open the Oculus application on your phone.
- Now, go to the settings option, and to the Quest option.
- Select the more settings option.
- Now, tap on the unlock pattern and disable it.
Steps to follow when you already have an active unlock pattern
- First, go to the Oculus app, followed by heading toward the devices option.
- Now, select your Quest 2 headset and tap on the unlock pattern.
- Now, click on the remove unlock pattern option and enter your Oculus PIN.
- Now submit it.
- Once done, check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Install ADB Drivers
The next thing you can do is install the ADB drivers, especially if you want your Sidequest to work on your Windows PC.
Note– You will not need to install the ADB drivers manually If you are using Android, Mac, or Linux.
Before installing the ADB drivers, make sure your Quest 2 is connected to your PC using a USB cable.
Here are the steps to install ADB drivers on your Windows PC:
- First, open the website developer.oculus.com.
- Now, click on the download button.
- Next, tap on the “I have read and agree to the terms of the license” option.
- Again, click on the download button.
- You’ll now see a zip file containing ADB drivers downloading on your screen.
- Extract the zip file, and you will get the android_winsub setup file.
- Now, right-click on it and click on the install button.
Note– Do not download any ADB driver from a third-party website. It is always advised to use the official download link from the official website.
Use a Different USB Port/Cable
You’ll also need to ensure that your USB cable or USB port is not causing the problem. If the USB cable or USB port is not working properly, it can cause several issues. It is always advised to switch to a different USB port to check if your other USB cable or port is not causing the problem. It is always advised not to use cheap quality cable for this purpose.
Restart SideQuest and Oculus Quest 2
Sometimes, the issue can occur due to a simple glitch or bug and can be resolved by a simple restart. You can try to restart SideQuest and Oculus Quest 2 to eliminate any kind of temporary issue. Once you restart the device, all the temporary cache files get automatically removed from your device, which can solve the connectivity issue.
- To restart Sidequest, you just need to close the app and open it again.
- To reboot the Oculus Quest 2, press and hold the power button for more or less 30 seconds and release it when you can see the LED lights turning bright.
It is the last troubleshooting method you can try to fix the problem. If there is any bug or glitch in the application itself, uninstall the application and perform a re-installation of Sidequest.
Uninstall the application and install the latest version of it. Once you install the latest version on your device, check whether the issue is resolved.
This is it. Here we have mentioned all the probable troubleshooting methods that you can try to fix the SideQuest not detecting Quest 2 issues. Hope you have successfully resolved the problem that was interrupting your entertainment.
Experiencing difficulties with your Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.